eastenders and self harm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by meagainstme, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

anyone seen it when Stella is knocking her head off the wall and pinching herself? i hate the way self harmers are being portrayed here. like they are so damn insane and evil grr. makes me angry.

but on a plus note its made my mom aware that self harm isnt just about cutting.

2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Yeh i've seen it. I think its good that their trying to raise awarness about it, i remember they had a story in Hollyoaks a few years back about how a girl got into cutting and how it affected her. Of course self harm isn't always about cutting, i tend to do the head banging aswell, not as much tho but when i was younger i did it a fair bit.

3. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I really hate how people call cutters emo. I use to do the head banging too before I discovered cutting.

4. eih

eih Well-Known Member

I do hate how they portray us sometimes ...especially saying we're emo...

sense I stopped cutting I've been punching myself lately... I don't know if that really counts as SH though .. oh well

5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I mainly bash my head in frustration; I had to resort to it many times in hospital as I didn't have my cutting tools.

.. I wish Stella was still in it :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.