Easy way out?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Feared.Desire, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/li...le5007010.ece?print=yes&randnum=1225034954375

So, Just thought this was an interesting article some of you may want to read.

I’m completely on the side of you should be able to choose whether or not to end your own life, but just to play the devils advocate here, if you are suicidal chances are you are not classified as ‘in your right mind’ (because the average person in their ‘right mind’ probably doesn’t frequently wish death upon themselves). My teacher pointed that out to me one day, and I suppose it holds enough truth …

Anyways, I don’t really know what I’m rambling on about.
    Hope you enjoy.

2. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Well I definitely wouldn't say that it's an easy way out. The fact that so many people on this forum are still here proves that. It's not just a matter of "I want to die, so I'll do it". At least not for the majority.

A decision to commit suicide is usually a last result.

And I'm completely in my right mind. I look at my life and see what I have good and what I have bad. The fact that I have no good makes it pretty easy to say that there is no point in just going through the motions, especially since that won't be able to last much longer.

No future, no past. It's just a matter of when I get drunk enough to dull the pain and then go through with it.

I'm trying to wait till at least Nov. 11th since I have a referral appointment (and at 11am too, ha). But if it gets canceled and rescheduled a month later, like it did last time. Then it will be that night.

3. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Easy way out I was referring to the doctor's use of lethal chemicals to kill someone’s painlessly.
    I'm going to argue against myself, and say, aye, you may not be in your total right mind. But so long as a doctor (such as the one in the article) diagnosis you as incurable, then by all means I think it should be totally legitimate to decide whether or not you would like to continue on.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Ditto,I agree!!

5. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

OK, i read everything, but i didnt understand, this is some doctor who prescribes sodium pentobarbitol to those who want to die? Where can we find him or contact him?

6. I completely disagree with the phrase that if you're suicidal, you're "not in your right mind". That makes people who are suicidal sound crazy. If your miserable and hate everything, especially your life and you've felt that way for a looooong time (some people their whole lives) and finally make the conscious decision to kill yourself, then i can't see it being classified as "not being in your right mind". I can see certain cases falling into that category, but not everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.