eatin as self-harm?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by starlight2006, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starlight2006

starlight2006 Well-Known Member

If you have read my other post you know that at the moment im battling to stop myself from self-harming after urges for the first time in a long time. I ended up hitting the desk. But not only that eaten shit loads. 2 packets of sweets and crisps. I know it is going to make feel shit. But that doesnt stop me doing it. Can overeating at times of stress be seen as self-harm? Its based on the same idea as selfharm as a coping mechanism

2. Slinkybinky

Slinkybinky Active Member

I reckon so...I'm sorry you are struggling at the moment. I am anorexic and when I feel really stressed or anxious I have been known to binge and then purge up to 4 times a day or binge then cut as self punishment.
    The urge to punish myself is too great and overcomes the self starvation anorexic thoughts and basically I end up in self destruct mode!
    Not sure if this helps but just wanted to let you know you are not alone out there.
    Take care

3. Morsketch

Morsketch New Member

Yeah. Sometimes I'd binge because I felt guilty about something. Then I'd work out for hours as a punishment for the binge. Which was really just 10 hours of self-mutilation.

I knew I was going to feel like dying. I'd do it anyway.

4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Yea... I could see it as being punishment or something like Self-harm. When you are doing it to make yourself feel bad at least.

5. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

same here, im bulimic and when i had to quit with cutting, binging kinda replaced it, so when i need to punish myself, i binge and i wont throw up and when i see the number on the scale afterwards, that hurts me more than cutting. I dunno, it now really is a punishment, with cutting i actually felt better afterwards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.