eating according to your blood type

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by morning rush, Jun 25, 2010.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

My mom got a book from her boss that talks about healthy eating according to your blood type...I've read a bit of it and liked what they say so far..

like for O+ gluten and wheat is bad for your explains why and what it does to your system...

it tells you what vitamins you might need more of and stuff...

has anyone read a book like this? or something similar?

it said to use kelp, it has a high concentration of iode salt and it helps the thyroid gland to work properly, not to mention it helps against ulcer bacteria...kelp keeps it from attaching to your stomach...and I've been using it for three days now and I've noticed a BIG difference...I was diagnose with ulceric activity (but thank god no ulcers) and also because of an anomaly in my swallowing tube I get acid reflux...the pills I take don't really help, although its better than nothing but for the past three days I got NO burning or stomach *knocks on wood three times* I'm hoping it keeps working...
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've heard of it, and it's nonsense. The presence of a tiny protein on your RBCs does not affect your body as a whole (except in the case of transfusion, obviously.)
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member do you know that? have you tried it?
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member It's been looked at critically by individuals more familiar with his claims, and doesn't hold up.

The only study of its actual effects was a self-report of a HEAVILY biased sample: the only people who would try the diet and follow up in a survey would likely be those who expect it to work going in. The placebo effect would dominate.

If it works for you, go for it though I guess.
  5. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Like aoeu said, I am sorry to say it seems this diet has been pretty much debunked. My blood type is O- yet I feel best on a high carbohydrate with no avoidance of gluten. Actually unless you are tragically unlucky to have celiac disease, gluten in modest amounts is beneficial to the digestive tract.

There doesn't seem to be a one size fits all diet for humans- some people feel well on a low carbohydrate diet which I tried and felt terrible on. A general rule of thumb is make the bulk of your diet unrefined foods- complex carbohydrates, low temperature processed fats (raw nuts, cold pressed oils) and lean, hormone and antibiotic free sources of protein.

I would also suggest you don't deprive yourself of a small amount of junkfood everyday- I loove brownies! :smile:
  6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I'm afraid there's no placebo effect on me, because I'm very septic of diets...

But the kelp HAS been helping...

also I am allowed junk food like chocolate and sugary stuff...but I'm not a big fan of it, I prefer salty stuff...

he doesn't just base it on blood, but on ethnicity and ancestors...Alot of what he says scientifically makes sense...

Of course just like anything you take what works and leave what doesnt...we're all unique and so, one thing he suggests is to listen to your body, see what happens when you change stuff...

maybe it won't work, maybe it will depend on how my body reacts to the change I guess...I'll comment back to see if its crap or not :)

thank you for the link brings a different perspective and is interesting
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010