Eating Disorder???

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by downunder, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I have been doing juice fasts so much for up to 15 days at a time but averaging 4 or 5 days.

Then I do eat not because I am hungry but because I like the look and taste of the food. I am thinking that I am just feeding my taste buds. I also do this more when I am stressed. Then I start to feel guilty about it, so then I just drink juice, and not eat which can be for quite a few days.

Then I start to feel happier whilst fasting. I seemed to have started a cycle. I am still in healthy weight range. But I have lost a kilo a day, sometimes whilst juice fasting!!! When I see progress such as less weight, or thinner thighs, or flatter stomach.

When I look at myself I like to be able to see certain things so I can still tell that I am not getting fat again, such as my stomach muscles, and my hip bones and I like to be able to feel my back pelvic bones on either side of my back bone.

I used to be slightly overweight then I went on a diet and lost a heap of weight in a couple of months, now I want to make sure I don't go back to where I was. Once I go back on to normal food, I can't eat very much because I get bloated due to my stomach shrinking, or I get excessively thirsty.

Recently I have gained weight as my clothes are lot tighter. That sends me into panic mode.

I don't have an eating disorder as my weight is in the healthy zone. I don't make myself throw up.

I saw a psychiatrist today about suicidal thoughts and grief and she talked about anti depressants but I am terrified about going on those due to side effects of weight gain.

Anyone else with similar?
  2. X-Roxy-X

X-Roxy-X Member

Anti depressants dont always make you gain weight. I am on some and they actually have decreased my appetite, causing me to loose weight. I suppose it depends which ones they put you on,

Take care xxxxx
  3. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

X Roxy which ones are you on?
  4. jerrin

jerrin Guest

Among the more disabling elements of disordered eating is obsessive thought patterns. A person with bulimia, for example, doesn't just stop her otherwise normal day, binge and purge, and go back to her day. Much of that day involves thinking about what will happen in the binge, whether there will be a convenient place to purge, who will be nearby who could get in the way, and so forth.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.