eating problems

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by indie, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indie

indie Well-Known Member

have had a few problems with eating recently, sometimes i will go x lengths of time without eating and other times i wont stop eating when i cant stop eating i end up purging and even after eating just one little thing i feel guilty for eating it and purge straight away. went to docs last week an they weighed me for some new meds they waanted to give me not sure what they called yet, and his scales say what my weight is but tht doesnt seem right i look in a mirror and i look much more bigger than tht so i think something mut be wrong with his scales he doesnt know about the eating problems yet as i want to try and sort them out myself.
    was hoping someone here might be able to give me some advice on improving things before people start to notice.
    thanks.
    indie.

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

When did your problems with eating start? Did something set it off?
    You can seriously damage your throat and stomach by purging, I'd recommend talking to your doctor about this. :hug:

3. indie

indie Well-Known Member

the problems have been on and of since i was about 16, this time its been for about 3 months. not sure what set it of tbh could be the stuff that happened to me in my childhood could be other stuff i dont really know. not sure i can face the doctors about this problem. but my cpn does know about it kind of.

4. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Are you in the uk? Give b-eat a call or ask your CPN to help you find a counselor, talkign might help you find the roots of your problem and help you deal with it.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Better to get help now before it gets to worse okay. Try to call doctor today and set up some councilling for you.

6. christopher1

christopher1 New Member

How to Recover From an Eating Disorder

As is the case with many diseases and disorders, recovering from an eating disorder can often be the longest and most difficult aspect of the disorder itself. Because eating disorders are psychological in nature, there is no specific medicine you can take to rid yourself of the harmful malady nor can you simply wait a specific period of time for the disorder to pass. Eating disorders must be treated as serious medical conditions and handled by professionals in almost 100% of the cases.

If you or someone you love is suffering from an eating disorder is important to begin taking action immediately. The longer that you wait to begin treatment the harder it can be to recover from the disorder. As eating disorders progress into their later stages, it can oftentimes be near impossible to recover from and in worst case scenarios can lead to death. Let's look at some of the ways you can use to become successful in recovering from an eating disorder.

First of all, the ones suffering must at least agree that a problem exists. It will be almost useless to try to force someone into recovering from something that they don't believe that they have. Because of the nature of eating disorders themselves, it is difficult to get someone to admit they have an eating disorder in its early stages because they may not be showing many of the visible effects as of yet, and it can also be hard to get them to deal with it in its later stages because of how committed their psyche is to the disease itself.

Once someone recognizes the problem and agrees they need treatment it is important to seek out a medical professional who has extensive experience in dealing with eating disorders. A regular family doctor may not have the required experience and knowledge to handle these cases effectively. It is usually best to seek out a psychologist who may be able to deal with the patient in helping them to uncover any deep-rooted problems that may be leading to the eating disorder as well coming up with an effective game plan of how to deal with the eating disorder itself.

Changing regular behavior can also be effective in helping to recover from an eating disorder. This means to completely change exercise patterns, eating patterns, and perhaps even some social activities that may be triggers leading to eating disorder behavior. It is important to take these steps in a very firm manner rather than slowly ease off them over time.

7. kamrentailor

kamrentailor New Member

Hi
    I would talk with a psychologist. I think there is more here than meets the eye, or the YA forum.
    You need to find a psychologist who treats people with anxiety / panic attack issues.
    They can break down into pieces this whole problem, look at all of its parts, and see what the real deal is.
    If you do that, you'll be able to see the deeper issue here, talk it out, treat the real issue, and come out of this a healed person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.