Eating right?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by WhyMeWhy, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Would you say you eat "right". Like the proper type of nourishment in the proper amounts, etc.? I definitly do not eat "right".... I eat when I'm hungry and just eat whatever.... some days I eat too little and some days I eat too much.... there is no such thing as "3 square meals a day" for me. And starving myself is no big deal to me.... because I am too fat and need to lose weight. I figure taking vitamins everyday will make up for the fact that I don't think I've ever eaten "right". :eek:hmy:
  2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

No, I was said to lived on air when I was a child. I just would pick at things. I don't think I've ever eaten "right" apart from periods where I make a concerted effort because I'm aware of how much food my body needs for energy otherwise I'm in bed all the time with exhaustion.
  3. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

I stopped listening to the crap they write columns about in the Health section of the Newspaper. Every week they have some miracle food or some statistic linking two seemingly unrelated health factors... listen to your body very carefully. I stopped eating processed foods for awhile and noticed a big effect but some people can thrive on white flour and hydrogenated oils without noticing that they feel bad. Listening to your cravings can be interesting if you're in tune with your body, like craving spinach can mean you're low on iron, etc....

Eating right means lots of different things because we have individual systems that need different concentrations of minerals, protein etc to be healthy....basically I would recommend cutting out food that you know is bad for you and starting to make yourself enjoy healthier things, I say "make yourself" because after awhile you appreciate the flavor of whole grains instead of white bread and soy milk has a subtle flavor that you don't taste in milk....just my opinion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.