1. AnotherChristian

AnotherChristian Active Member

I will (hopefully) elaborate on this question later, but does anyone have anything positive to share on the topic of being eccentric?

2. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

That would depend on your understanding of how positive is classified and then measured. The same would obviously apply to negative in its classification and measurement.

3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I don't really believe it was that difficult question,we can postulate theories all day.. IT does depend on the person that you are talking about. do I think or believe if I am eccentric or if I am to answer about someone else? I feel that in some one else eyes I could be viewed as eccentric, I myself, do not believe I am. If I am, then it is positive from my point of view, I am happy for the most part living the way that i do right now! I would not have lived like this 50 years ago. The does not answer all of the other possibilities. Go on if you will with your posting. it should be interesting, lol

4. AnotherChristian

The elaboration is fairly brief, really: I was reading something that spoke of eccentricity in a positive way.

It didn't say this explicitly, but it seemed to imply that embracing eccentricity might help a person to resist the urge to commit suicide.

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Nothing wrong with being eccentric. The ability to laugh at myself and have fun helps me get through the day at keep the suicidal thoughts at bay. So I see it as a positive thing.

6. AnotherChristian

A very simple example: I and probably a number of posters here don't take great care with how we dress. I think eccentricity could be one factor in this. (I say "could be one factor" because it's also possible for someone's poor dress to simply express his/her disdain for people/life/whatever.)