Ecstacy

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Tastelikeblood, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tastelikeblood

Tastelikeblood Well-Known Member

I tried some molly about two months ago, it was pure mdma so there was no meth or cocaine in it or any other stuff. Anyway while I was on it, it was awesome right, but i'm not here about that... For the whole week after that night I felt REALLY good, like reallyyyy good. I had a hop in my step and I could talk to anyone.

What this drug does is releases the serotonin (<-- spelling?) into your bloodstream, serotonin is a chemical in our bodies that makes everything feel good...

Well, I think I had a blocked sertonin place or something cuz for about a week I was walking on air. The thing is, THIS is the stuff they put into some antidepressants! I just figured this out, no wonder I felt awesome. I think I might could use some antidepressants lol.

I would like to conquer my depression on my own but looking into some DR prescribed stuff might work.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any similar experience and/or anything else they would like to add?

2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Chocolate is the best of all drugs. I preferer sugar drunk.

3. Tastelikeblood

Yeah this isn't really a huge deal or anything, I don't have an addiction or whatever just though it might be something to bring up and I was bored :biggrin:

For a regular drug I like alcohol hehe.

4. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Good for you. I have got serious chocolate addiction. I have seen visions also. Some point I ate sugar so much than I did not even knew where is the floor or walls.

5. Tastelikeblood

Dang, are we talking about the candy or is this a nickname for a drug?

6. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Candy.

7. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Can you provide sources for your claim that they put MDMA into some Antidepressants? I find it hard to believe. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm simply curious. Did you have a downside to your feelings? Did you have a few days or week of depression,or did the good feeling simply fade away? You make Ecstasy sound like a good thing, which for some people they think it is, but it's still a dangerous drug, as everyone here will know. I've never tried it myself, and I don't plan to, I prefer to feel how my body intends me to feel. And I'd also love to hear other peoples experience with Ecstasy, because all I've heard is scare tactics from the Government, and the usual "It makes me feel so happy!".

8. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

He's not saying they put actual MDMA into anti-depressants, but rather the drug class that it is in resembles that of the class of drugs anti-depressants are in. MDMA is an amphetamine. Another such drug in the same class is Pseudoephedrine, which is a nasal decongestant. Not exactly the same thing. Also, amphetamine salts are used in common ADD/ADHD Drugs.

And yes, MDMA is classified as a Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor. (SRI), which IS related to many anti-depressants Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI's) but they aren't synonymous.

9. Tastelikeblood

lol that's what I meant, i'm not big on terms but what I was saying basically was that antidepressants do the same thing that x does but on a much smaller scale.

I don't mean to up the view of X and i'm not encouraging it. You can lose your mind on that stuff and your heartrate can skyrocket and kill you. It almost happened to me, luckily I have friends that care about me and they pulled me out. I still don't think they know I freaked out, maybe.

"Don't ever get stuck in the sky when your high" -System of a down

10. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

you should look at the actual evidence of what happens with ecstasy

yeah it releases seratonin into the blood stream and causes all your brain to fire them out like a mother

however afterwards it actually KILLS those receptors in the brain causing depression

it's a short term high for a long term loss

even years after taking ecstasy you will suffer depression and such so i wouldn't advise taking it any more

i used to take e all the time and it messed up my head but i couldn't stop it

i avoid it like the plague now as i know how many years it takes to get over it half way i'm still nowhere near as happy as i used to be after taking that crap

11. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

They dont put MDMA in anti-depressants nowadays, they used to, in the 70s or 80s I think, but no more.

But yeh, I know what you mean about ecstasy, first times you do it are like being touched by God, the tingly feeling, the confidence, the peace, the love shared by your peers, absolutely amazing feeling. :D Just don't over do it though mate, that serotonin isn't on an infinite tap, it needs time to regenerate.

12. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Same here. :)

13. kiki_khaos

kiki_khaos Member

It's not really a "short term high"
    That high usually lasts for 4 hours
    Dunno if you'd call that short...haha

I still take e and after awhile it does have a mental affect on you
    Like, after awhile I started having trouble remembering some major things in my life

It does make you feel really good and if it weren't so dangerous to yourself (like increased heart rate and stuff) I would so recommend it for an anti depressant. Haha

If you are gunna do it, just be careful
    I ended up taking 3 in one night and, while the pills were still in effect, ended up getting lost on the way back home (wasn't driving). It was so scary

14. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

E is awesome while I'm on it but the depression after the effects subside is horrible at least for me.

15. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

The same thing has been happening to me lately, first time I took cocaine there was no comedown. Been pilling for about two weeks now and I felt that it gave me a boost out of the depression I was in even when I wasn't on it. I'm not condoning it but I know what the OP was talking about!

16. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i have tried e now three times if i recall correctly twice at least but i'm pretty sure three. one of those times it was molly which i am told is suppose to be the bomb shit for this stuff. i will admit the drug did absolutely nothing to me, and i actually had a pretty decent bit when i took it. don't ask me measurements i couldn't even tell you i just know my friends told me so. i really never have felt anything from the drug and as far as i'm concerned it's just a waste of my time and money. my friends couldn't believe it nor would they of if they hadn't seen it for themselves that it had absolutely no effect on me any time i've tried it. this was also true of acid when i first tried it many moons ago now. until the night i finally decided to take four hits. then it worked. i guess you could say i just have a high tolerance to things although that doesn't really sound right when i didn't normally take it but whatever. i wouldn't suggest it. it's not good for ya and it's a waste of time at least in my book. take care of yourselves

17. Mat Voleido

Mat Voleido Well-Known Member

I would go as far as to say you probably didn't get real MDMA or at the very least, a good enough dosage.

Many drugs can mimic some of the effects of MDMA. Not every pill sold is pure. Sometimes (Meth/Dextro/)Amphetamines, ephedrine, are used as adulterants. A proper dosage of any drug in the "amphetamine" psychostimulant class would get ANYBODY going.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend using any stims to get out of a depression. Unless you're prescribed a therapeutic dose of one for ADHD or narcolepsy, you risk alot.

Amphetamine and similar stimulants cause a sustained release of dopamine and norepinephrine and also have some direct action on receptors for these neurotransmitters. It is the increased activation of these neurochemical systems that produce the pleasurable and stimulant effects of amphetamines. The body responds to these changes in a way to try to minimize the effect (the body does not like change and seeks "homeostatis"). This is called down-regulation. However, drugs like MDMA and amphetamine easily overcome the body's normal response to resist change or you take more drug to overcome the body's attempt to return to normal. Part of this change in down regulation of receptor sensitivity. When you stop using or when the drug wears off, two things can happen: 1) the neurochemical response to dampen the drug effect doesn't stop immediately, even though the drug is no longer present. When that happens, the down-regulation "over reaches" and really shuts things down, causing a crash; and 2) in some cases, there is a slight depletion of neurochemicals (because of the sustained release from the drug), so when the drug is gone and the brain tries to get back to the normal use of these neurochemicals, they are not there in the same quantity.

This is a very simplified explanation of a complicated neurochemical and neurophysiological process. Up or down regulation, depending on the drug, can also cause supersensitivity of receptors when when they try to return to normal are now over excited and withdrawal symptoms occur. Although there are other chemicals and changes involved, this is basically what happens. Pretty interesting neuroscience.

Which is why you feel bad when you are coming down from drugs.

18. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

just a quick fyi which will be a first for today but anyways, when i tried that molly i did actually take a very healthy dose or so i was told. in fact if i recall correctly they gave me a little more than they had because they did seem to recall my known tolerances to many drugs actually. my friends took just a hair less than they gave to me and were soaring to incredible heights and enjoying themselves totally i just couldn't relate...it kind of sucked when we were all there doing it together and they were it utter shock about it because they saw for themselves the lack of effect on me but oh well. i never intend on trying it again so it really doesn't matter. i can say i tried it for whatever that was worth.

19. Ptitz

Ptitz Well-Known Member

Ye, a friend of mine landed at a psychiatry ward with a psychosis after poppin e's for awhile. I did it a few times but never for extended periods. In a short term its great, you feel awesome, and the next morning you dont get a hangover. But its what kinda freaks me out, cause it just seems too good. And if you use it long enough you hormone balance is getting weird and your head gets messed up. So ye, just be careful with that stuff.

20. steveoh

steveoh Active Member

yes i had the same experience and would love to roll everyday, but the antidepressants take about a month before they start working, but ehh give it a shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.