ED dating site?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Erxi_Kusanagi, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erxi_Kusanagi

Erxi_Kusanagi Member

Are there or is there any sort of dating site for people who currently have an ED or recovered from an ED? Finding someone is extremely difficult once they realize what I have, they either don't know what to do about, or are just disgusted about. I think that finding someone who either has an ED or trying to recover from one would make finding someone easier because we know what we've been through and wouldn't be disgusted by how we look.
  2. kyle123

kyle123 Member

no there is no sites that i know of but Ed is a common problem roblem among men..and alot of women will not accept it but alot will just keep looking dont give up!
  3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

If someone loves who you are, they should support you with your problems. How severe is your ED?
    There are support groups and sites for people with eating disorders. You might not meet anyone to love on them, but maybe the support would do you good? :arms:
  4. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i don't think there are any dating sites for people with EDs, but then again, just because someone does or doesn't have a specific disorder doesn't mean they will/won't be considerate or understanding :hug:
    i know it's hard, but if someone is worth dating, they won't care about what you look like or your past - all they'll care about it you. funny thing is love.
  5. Kenickie

Kenickie Account Closed

A dating site for people with eating disorders would be silly, it'd be like forming a dating site for people who are suicidal.
    <Mod Edit: Inappropriate>
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  6. Lizzy17

Lizzy17 Member

Wow, thats intense. I currently am bulimic and have been on and off for years. I know what you mean. I dont typically tell people though. You should add me, and we could talk. I would love to hear from someone I can relate to.
  7. Erxi_Kusanagi

Erxi_Kusanagi Member

I was hospitalized for it, and i've had it for about 3 years at this point. It's slowly getting better I guess, it can change week by week or month by month.\

i've been to those types of sites and they didn't do anything for me, nor did the individual therapy that i went to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.