<edited title>

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo

Gizmo

Maybe you should ask yourself if you're too critical with yourself? You seem to one of a critical nature and that might be contributing to your emotional/mental dilemma.
I am glad to see that there is a real person under that 'praise the lord' fascade you put on in that other thread. IMO, my self criticality is all in hindsight at the moment. While I am not sure if it contributes to my desire to die, it certainly does not offset it.

Now you're either doing one of two things, maybe three things:

1. You're dying for attention, that's why you're waiving the "i gotta a fire
arm and i'm about to use it" routine.

2. You're really desperate and serious about ending your life because you
legitimately have serious issues.

3. You're playing a game.
1. Any attention I am receiving is incidental. I want to die and I can't bring myself to do it; hence, I need some assistance doing so.

2. Bingo.

3. This is the real deal.

What ever motive you have consider the consequences of your actions.

Say, for example, you of the mind set of the first possible reason: 1

If so, then it's a sick joke and you should really address the fact that you have an attention-desire problem and should learn how to overcome it.
If you're interested in more detail about my situation, I think its documented in this thread. Once read, I think it should be clear that this is not some sick attention-getting joke.

If it's reason: 2

Then you think of all those you will hurt by taking your life. If you think taking your life is the answer you're [dead] wrong.
I've arleady considered it. There are people who will be hurt and I am fairly certain time will heal their wounds. I think more importantly many of the people whom will get hurt will understand my choice and will be able to sympathize with it.

And no I don't think taking my life is 'the answer' as I am not asking a corresponding question. Its really simple. I have a wound which cannot heal and will destroy me either way. I can suffer greater with each passing day until the moment of destruction or I can choose a dignified exit on my own terms to end the suffering. Taking my life is a very practical solution to a very real problem.

God forbid if it's reason: 3
Its not.

You're sick and you really need help and you should probably not play this game on this board.
I assure you at the moment I am not healthy and I have sought both professional and social networking help (and the results are lacking). This isn't the case of some teenager sick of getting beat up by the school bully. This is a case of being hurt to the core.

All in all, I hope you find peace in your heart and hope you over come what you are going through.

Peace
Gerry
And nanoo nanoo to you too.

J

Joy2BeWith

Just do me one favor, "gizmo", when you reached the point of no return and you desperately know within every once of your body, mind and soul that you've made a "grave" decision upon pulling that trigger be sure to blame no one but YOU.

You're pitty party has already been planned and "enjoyed" by millions who go through the same shit you're going through every fricken year and a lot of them take theirs lives and at the very last second beyond the point of no return they've regretted it.

You're a fool for spending all your quality time thinking on how to end your life - instead of trying to find a way out you've simply given up.

You're a sad person with mixed up wiring, but you have the pliers, solder, and know how to fix it....

Go take your pitty party somewhere else and allow those who feel like committing suicide but want help and really don't have a desire to do it post their stories here.

We don't need people like you with this "me, me, me, always me" bullshit... Get a life gizmo, you're really selfish...

By the way, I do praise the Lord, but I follow no traditional religion - I believe many paths will take one back to God.

Peace
Gerry

Last edited:

gizmo

Just do me one favor, "gizmo", when you reached the point of no return and you desperately know within every once of your body, mind and soul that you've made a "grave" decision upon pulling that trigger be sure to blame no one but YOU.
I find it comical that you think that is something that blame needs placement upon. 'Mom' and 'Dad' did a number on you.

You're pitty party has already been planned and "enjoyed" by millions who go through the same shit you're going through every fricken year and a lot of them take theirs lives and at the very last second beyond the point of no return they've regretted it.
I don't want your pity brother G. I want your assistance.

You're a fool for spending all your quality time thinking on how to end your life - instead of trying to find a way out you've simply given up.
The how is not a question. I can think of many ways to do it. I simply cannot perform the act and need some assistance doing so.

Nature has a way of thinning out the herd - are you one of them?
Yes. So why not do whats natural and help me out?

And where did you get this "praise the Lord" shit?
You should read that first post of yours in the other thread. You sound like some kind theistical pignut.

You're a sad person with mixed up wiring, but you have the pliers, solder, and know how to fix it....
You're right. Lend me your hands.

Go take your pitty party somewhere else and allow those who feel like committing suicide but want help and really don't have a desire to do it post their stories here.
Don't pity me. Assist me.

We don't need people like you with this "me, me, me, always me" bullshit... Get a life gizmo, you're really selfish...
Whose *we*? I think its interesting that one of the few times in life that I really want something someone complains that I am selfish. I think you might be the one whom needs help with being critical.

Jenny

Staff Alumni
Please both stop this now. Everyone's reasons for feeling the way they do, are valid. This is a support forum. Not a forum to attack other members or ask for help to end your life.

gizmo

Jenny, Abacus21, as much as I might disagree with a lot of what Joy2BeWith has stated, I can appreciate his honesty when engaging me. These are real conversations that people can have and it is my opinion that censorship will only work to limit knowledge and understanding of the whole picture.

it is my opinion that censorship will only work to limit knowledge and understanding of the whole picture.
We 'censor' to keep members and the forum safe.
I take it by "limiting knowledge" you mean our refusal to give out pro-suicide information and methods. However as we've already stated, this is a Pro-life forum, and therefore methods have no place here. This place exists in order to help and support people so they can carry on living, not to help them to die.

It is your choice if you want to continue reading this forum, but the rules will not change.

gizmo

We 'censor' to keep members and the forum safe.
I take it by "limiting knowledge" you mean our refusal to give out pro-suicide information and methods. However as we've already stated, this is a Pro-life forum, and therefore methods have no place here. This place exists in order to help and support people so they can carry on living, not to help them to die.

It is your choice if you want to continue reading this forum, but the rules will not change.
I can understand the desire to keep the forum safe and it is my opinion that this same goal might be achievable even with a pro-death outlet. I get the impression that death is being viewed as an enemy and I feel that is the wrong focus. I think inhumanity is the enemy and while most efforts probably should be pro-life, there is a time for pro-death as humane act of mercy, respect, and compassion.

While I certainly cannot change the rules, I can help you understand a different position. If those with the 'power' wish to ever change (or not change) the rules after understanding then so be it.

I can understand the desire to keep the forum safe and it is my opinion that this same goal might be achievable even with a pro-death outlet.
Clearly your and the staffs' views differ on what the definition of 'safe' is.
This forum will not be pro-death, this a pro-life forum, and that will not change.

I get the impression that death is being viewed as an enemy and I feel that is the wrong focus. I think inhumanity is the enemy and while most efforts probably should be pro-life, there is a time for pro-death as humane act of mercy, respect, and compassion.
Seeing as this is a pro-life forum, death is not celebrated here, and one could say it is an enemy.
If you feel there is a time for pro-death, then that is your choice, but you will not find it on this forum. Any methods posted by you or anyone else will be edited out.

While I certainly cannot change the rules, I can help you understand a different position. If those with the 'power' wish to ever change (or not change) the rules after understanding then so be it.
The staff on this site are of the opinion that pro-death sites are wrong, and this is not subject to change; therefore, neither are the rules. As any further discussion on this topic would probably be a futile attempt to change said rules, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00