EDnos

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Locket, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

anyone else an EDnos?
    and do you prefer not to be categorised or would you like to be?

-laura x

2. ANeverEndingRose

ANeverEndingRose Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am an Ednos because I have anorexic symptoms (restricted intake, overexercising, distorted body image etc) but a BMI of 17 and make myself sick after eating anything at all.

I used to be diagnosed as anorexic but this has changed in the past year and I hate it. So I'm making my BMI 14 again so they'll change my diagnosis back.

Im not sure why I hate it so much, its just a label after all. But it does dictate how your treatment goes where i live and how much help you get. When my weight was lower I wasn't offered cognitive therapy but I do get that now, and have more control over my own diet and exercise which is good. On the other hand people think i'm fine when im not so its hard keeping the happy face up all the time.

3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I'm EDnos. I was diagnosed as anorexic while I was in college, but my psychiatrist diagnosed me as EDnos. I hate it too. I'm still have anorexic symptoms and throw up every now and then, though i used to be addicited to laxatives. I'm losing weight, though, and my doctor knows my ED is getting worse. She tells me to get help, but i just ignore her. My eating disorder is so important to me, I'd never let it go.

4. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

The shrink I see recons anyone with a bmi less than 18 has a eating disorder. She tells me to put on 5kg, but I am not ready to do that, and I actually have lost more weight instead of putting on. I am seeing her for grief issues not for eating problems.

5. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

My melody I can relate to what your saying about not letting it go.

I passed out today and has a seizure and am still not ready to let it go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.