Educating society about suicide, self-harming

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Light_In_The_Dark, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

The part of problem of suicide of people is that there are few people who understand them and even fewer people who want to help them (SF is an exeption but im talking about people who doesn't know about SF and who don't have internet or even a computer). We are still the important fabric of society.

For example bullying: there is an extreme high chance that somebody who gets picked on in school and he commits suicide. But his "destiny"(so to speak) was to invent cure for cancer for example.

Anyway what Im tryin to say is that teens and society must know what they/or their friends or kids are doing to others and how much that causes problems and every day the ignorance grows.

2. Society will never improve itself. This world is doomed. Unfortunately, the most that will ever be done, is being done, yet, society isn't picking up on it.

3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

yep doomed. 'educating' people does absolutely nothing when it comes to violence (covert and overt) and bullying, trust me i've been around so called 'educated' people who are about as vicious as anything but in a nice :smile: way.

4. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I agree that education will not help. The only way to stop bullying is for schools to have a zero tolerance policy which is strictly enforced.

Contrary to what you may hear about children being 'innocent' or 'pure-hearted' as compared to adults, they are actually heartless and cruel when not under strict adult control. (The same is true to a lesser extent of adolescents, but most people already know that.) Appealing to a child's/adolescent's social conscience does not work, because they simply don't have one.

5. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

As if. The only way to stop bullying is to change human nature. I can only think of three ways to do that: re-education camps; lobotomies; or genetic engineering.

And since I thought of it first, I get to be in charge of applying all three.

Get ready to get re-Neducated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.