Eeesh.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Melancholy, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

So...hot guy, first kiss (I know..I am 18..)

He's so awesome. We've been talking as well, and he's just so lovely. Kind, funny, sweet, articulate. But I'm scared about if it turns into more than this. I have stupidly low self esteem (though I hide this fact), am scared of intimacy due to years of abuse, have lots of big, red raised scars all over my legs, and don't think I'm worth someone so lovely. I don't want him to see through my cheerful side and see the stupid little pathetic child inside. :sad: Dunno. I feel stupid even typing this. It's just another crush, I'm only young, I shouldn't feel I need to be in a relationship to be happy. But I don't want to let go of that possibility that we could make something of it..

Sorry. Stupid childish rant over :unsure:
    Anyone have any ideas? Lol. I'm so confused.

2. ecorg911

ecorg911 Active Member

In my experience good relationships can really boost peoples confidence and bring much happiness, although can also bring a lot of pain. Keep things at a pace you feel comfortable and let him know from the off that this is how you would like to start the relationship. Any decent guy will respect this and keep to his word, that way you feel in control :)

I don't think its a good idea to "explain your past history", just to yet. Get to know him, guys tend to me scared of by secrets such as this, (not in general, but guys can be very shallow at times) don't get me wrong I'm a guy myself and am not affected by past incendents, although telling someone you've only just met is not a good idea, until he can earn your trust and visa versa :)

You deserve to be happy, just keep things steady and at a pace that suits you :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

:hug:

I understand how you feel. But, sweetie, you ARE worth it. You're worth so much more than you realize. You're worth love and friendship and affection. You're an amazing person who I care a lot about. Don't be so hard on yourself, hun. Like ecorg said, you deserve to be happy. Don't worry too much... just let the relationship go where it's going to. And don't forget you're so very worth it.

4. Melancholy

Thank you, both. :hug:

Suppose there's nothing more to do than just see how it goes, really. What will be will be and all that jazz... :mellow:

:wub:

5. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

You mean,, like,, lauren's growing up :eek:hmy:

Didn't know she could, all that studying she does, you think she nevah had a social life, and all this time she's had a playthingy hidden from us.:tongue:

6. Melancholy

Oi, you!

Big :hug: josh xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx