eek, i nearly cracked...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by xXxJJxXx, Dec 19, 2009.

1. xXxJJxXx

xXxJJxXx Active Member

my parents were having a go at me today about not doing a lot around the house (when i actually do a lot and they just dont realise). anyway i was sorta annoyed about it and for some reason i felt like i was about to explode?! im really stressed out because i have my mock GCSEs in a couple of weeks and that doesnt help.
    but i nearly cracked and had a go at them because they said i was an awful child and i wanted to scream at them that they were awful parents.

i cut my wrists for 4 and a half years and they didnt realise.
    i suffered depression for about 5 and a half and they didnt realise.
    i tried to kill myself twice and they thought it was an accident.
    i started dieting because they made me feel concious of my weight and that got way out of hand and my weight plummeted.

i just want to shout those things^ at them everytime they criticise me, even though i know i shouldnt.
    is there any way that i can try to prevent myself revealing these things in a fit of anger? they probably wouldnt believe me anyway, but still...

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Hi Jess, I can relate to that feelling of frustration - getting abused for things and you just want to let it all out, say everything that's really wrong. And my immediate response to you would be, TELL THEM. Just like you describe it in your post. It's perfectly possible they really have no idea how bad things are for you and that if they knew they would be really concerned and sympatheteic.

But having said that, the fact that your mocks are coming up is bad timing - whatever you say it's going to disrupt things and that's not going to help you with exams. Maybe you could sit tight till the mocks are over and then choose a time to talk to them? Overall it really isn't doing you any good keeping it all hidden from them and bottled up inside yourself.

Sorry I know you wanted ideas on how to stop yourself saying these things to them, but reading your post I can't help thinking that that will only make it harder for you in the long run.

Best of luck with the mocks too.

3. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

oh God you are saying my life...from anoying me why im not going out my room..they saying i was a bad child when they are the bad...they know nothing about my depression or suiccide attmpt,they will not belive me anyway...and all i want to shout those things out sp. at night...

Im sorry i have no advice...just wanna tell you that you are not alone...just maybe get diary here...and everytime you wanna shout those thing out,shout it at your diary...

I hope everything get better soon..
    take care :hug: