Effects on the people who care

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by wheresmysheep, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

We all say it when we are low and attempting; 'No one cares about me'

Deep deep deep back in outselves we know there is someone who does care on some level for us.

This throws me back to my lowest time, a good 2years where a day did not pass where i didnt want to and/or try to kill myself. And all through those 2years, I had someone with me, my partner. He had been with me 4 years at teh start of my bad 2 years. He stood by me through it all, brought me to emergency doctors after attempts, visited me when I was sectioned, stuck by me when i called him when i was on the verge, he was in his hall in work with me on the phone blubbing like a senseless person, but he stuck by me.

In retrospect now, I am just thinking of how HE felt through all of that. Watching someone he cared about giving up on life trying to fade away and not exsist anymore.

I know, even though I understand why someone would want to end their life, I wouldnt be able to watch him go through this, I would want to give everythign I had to make him not feel that way, it would kill me to see someone in that much pain, it would tear me apart.

So post is here for those who stand by us with mental health issues in a thank you.

And also for those of us, and me when i hit a low again, to remind ourselves, that it does hurt to see us in so much pain, and if people who care about us could fix it, they would.
    They care.

:hug: s and :wub: to all
    Sheep

2. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

3. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

I'm inserting a plug for November of the Soul here, a book specifically about the subject of suicide. The later chapters are all about the after-effects of a suicide, and it even has lengthy stories of people whose children or spouses killed themselves, and how they might never feel better.

In my opinion, it should be required reading.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

And when you are doubting that Sheep, please count me in as someone who cares, J

5. Florence

Florence Antiquities Friend

Until now it has been the effects on my children which has held me together ... Now I don't care, I just want it all to stop.

6. Florence

Florence Antiquities Friend

I'm inserting a plug for November of the Soul here, a book specifically about the subject of suicide. The later chapters are all about the after-effects of a suicide, and it even has lengthy stories of people whose children or spouses killed themselves, and how they might never feel better.

In my opinion, it should be required reading.

Have ordered the book! X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.