Effexor.

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Spearmint, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Anyone here on Effexor? :unsure: They keep changing my damn meds. :dry:

2. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

I was on 75 mg day for about 2 weeks until i did a search on the side effects as well as the withdrawal effects of the drug and I stopped taking it. However according to my psychiatrist, it works very well for depression.

3. Spearmint

Yeah...They're starting me on 75mg today..

4. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

it takes a few weeks to kick in.

5. Spearmint

Yup, just like all medicine...Anyone else have any luck/bad luck with it?

6. rwillson

rwillson Well-Known Member

i was on it for a while, has i nice little kick (why you take it in the morning not the night) seemed to work for me, but at the time i was vary unstable and unbeknownst to me it reacted to an ingredient in a protein supplement i was taking (muscle milk, i used to ha S-AME as an ingredient) and the combination of the two threw me into a little serotonin syndrome (was kinda fun, had the shakes, felt all loopy and had a small seizure). had to stop taking it, wouldn't mind going back on it though, felt it worked better than Zoloft (which i take now)...

r...

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yep, 350mg a day. Combined with other drugs daily. Was working pretty good but has levelled out and already at dangerously high level for my body weight and height. Don't try to just stop it though. If you want off you have to wean off. Been on for 4 years and found out the hard way when I decided to kick meds for a while. Not a prety picture.

8. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

those brain 'zaps' / fuzziness and the sourness in my brain and the back of my eyes were so horrible during my withdrawal period but they did go away after a few weeks.

9. meh__

meh__ Well-Known Member

yess im on 375 mg a day
    it worked for a while
    i duno about right now thoughh