EFT for Social Anxiety ...and much more

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by razor2012, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razor2012

razor2012 Active Member

I want to share with you what got me through some rough days. A few months back, I fell to an all time low. The depression was hitting me hard and my social anxiety was at an all time high. I didn't want to go out anywhere and I hated my job and my co-workers. I realized my anxiety was getting in the way of a normal life so I started to research it. I found some stuff on CBT, and it was pretty good. I kept looking and found the EFT stuff. It's supposed to work a bit faster. I'm not going to say it's some miracle cure or anything like that, but it does relieve some of the tension. It did help. And the affirmations were positive for my self esteem.
    I've never been a severe case for social anxiety, but I've got it a lot more than most people. Anyway, I saw a post in the sidebar on SA, answered it, and then found myself scrounging on the web looking for resources. All that seems to come up is some guy's paid website. I'm too cheap and also, with EFT, you don't need to pay. You can find boat loads of info on how to do it for free. And if you learn to do it, it's probably better if you make your own affirmations because no one knows you better than yourself. So making up something personal is going to be best.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

would be nice if you said was EFT stands for and what it is

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Morning Rush, EFT stands for Emotional freedom technique. Some people call it meridian tapping.

indeed. Eft / Meridian tapping is known to be very effective. There is tons of stuff on youtube. People can search both EFT and Meridian tapping. And if someone is really fortunate they can find a therapist who works with that model.

I agree totally that making up ones own affirmations is great. But they may want to stick with the same format.... tapping on the specific points, and using a set up phrase and affirmation ( whatever feels right to you).

Here is a webpage that may be helpful. http://www.thetappingsolution.com/what-is-eft-tapping.php#howtotap The webpage has 2 videos. I do not know if the first video on the page is useful. But If you scroll half way down the page, you will find a video explaining the basic format that can get you started tapping. If you scroll down further you will find diagrams etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.