Elevator Silence

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by _nu, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _nu

_nu Well-Known Member

The elevator, described as a true sanctuary of the modern, fast-paced noisy world. chatter-chatter-chatter, and then you step onto an elevator with over 7 other people. suddenly, all goes quiet. only problem is, sometimes this silence isnt relaxing but very awkward. i deal with this daily.

Anyone know any humorous jokes to say to break this silence and lighten the apparent anxiety?:rolleyes:
  2. After awhile of silence(this is mean, btw) look to the ceiling and yell "BOO!" not directly at anybody there...... someone will jump....... others will laugh at the one(s) who jumped....... I've done this, in a large city where no one cares about anyone else....only themselves..... a small group, yet everybody jumped. I couldn't help but laugh.......lmfao :laugh: I hate big cities.
  3. chasing_dreams

chasing_dreams Well-Known Member

Few other suggestions (not mine btw!)...

Make race car noises when anyone gets on or off.

Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside ask: "Got enough air in there?"

Offer name tags to everyone getting on the elevator. Wear yours upside-down.

Stand silent and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.

When at your floor, strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.

Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral.

Stare, grinning, at another passenger for a while, and then announce: "I've got new socks on!"

When at least 8 people have boarded, moan from the back: "Oh, not now, damn motion sickness!"

Meow occasionally.

Bet the other passengers you can fit a quarter in your nose.

Frown and mutter "Gotta go...Gotta go..." then sigh and say "Oops!"

Ask each passenger getting on if you can push the button for them.

Wear a puppet on your hand and talk to other passengers "through" it.

Start a sing-along.

When the elevator is silent, look around and ask "Is that your beeper?"

Play the harmonica.

Shadow box.

Say "Ding!" at each floor.

Lean against the button panel.

Say "I wonder what all these do" and push the red buttons.

Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope.

Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and inform the other passengers that this is your "personal space."

Bring a chair along.

Pull your gum out of your mouth in long strings.

Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.

Wear "X-Ray Specs" and leer suggestively at other passengers. :huh:
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:laugh: I like all the suggestions :tongue:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.