Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Fuzzy Monkey, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzy Monkey

Fuzzy Monkey Well-Known Member

so for about 2 months ive been going to NWCASA. the therapist there is elizabeth. she has been very helpful to me. i love going to her, i can talk to her and i feel secure with her. well last week she went on vacation til jan4th. i have been going crazy, my parents are on my ass and they keep throwing at me how they had to rush me to the emergancy room and how i tried to kill myself. everything ive worked so hard to lock away, and forget about everything ive learned to block out has been thrown up at me in the past 3 days. me and mom are constantly fighting, i just want this break to be over, i wanna go back to school already. last night i was thinking about elizabeth and how much i go to her, a few nights ago i left her a voicemail beacuse i was crying and thinking about cutting again. i feel like im depending on her alittle too much. i know i need her. i have started cutting again and she knows. she told me last week that she was worried about me and that if i need anything i can call dana, another therapist that works with her. i thanked her and told her that it wouldnt be right for me to go to dana. my biggest fear is getting close to elizabeth then having her leave me like everyone else has.
    *not sure where to put this* NWCASA is center against sexual assult.
  2. deferred dream

deferred dream Well-Known Member

As a child of abuse, I understand how it is to feel like you need to desperately cling to whoever you can trust, whoever takes you under their wing and helps you. Try to understand that she is there with your very best intentions in mind and I don't know, it may be possible that if she sees a serious attachment happening, she may try to encourage you to speak to others so you can learn to heathily attach to others as well. Remember that we're all here to help you and listen to you too, though I'm definitely not a professional. *hugs*
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so glad you have Elizabeth in your corner to help you. She will make sure all stays well with you and her and when time comes if it comes she will make sure you are comfortable with a new therapist She seems very kind i am glad you have someone to understand you. I wish everyone had an Elizabeth to help them Merry Christmas
  4. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

It is so hard to deal with separations even when they are temporary. What has helped me to tolerate the times when my therapist is unavailable - is to write out my feelings and what is happening - then take the journal to session for him to read... I know he is there; and willl respond when he can.

I don't like accdepting that I need his help, but when I do - I get better...

Hope you can hang on during this tough time!

Take care. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.