'ello,

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by jetrod, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetrod

jetrod Member

I guess sayin' 'ello is where a person starts something like this. Like a lot of people, i'm havin' a rough time and that this is something i've been dealing with for the better (or worse) part of my life. I really just wanna throw in the towel. take my ball and go home, and all those other goofy sayings. Not sure how i've managed to make it this far....sry, didn't wanna start this sounding so whiny....

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi jetrod. First, you do not sound whiny at all. This is a place where you can be honest and do not have to apologize. You can talk here about how you feel. And about whats going on. I think this is a great community. So I am glad you are here.

So many of us feel similarly to you in terms of not wanting to live. But hopefully together we do keep going. I dont know what I would do if I didnt have this community. It helps me to feel less alone. And that is huge.... for me. I think that feeling as so many of us do, is very isolating. Here is where we can be honest (within the reasonable guidelines). And there will be people who understand and have felt similarly. Glad you have managed to make it this far. Together we try to get through.

3. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello jetrod. I'm glad you're hear and managed to bring yourself to this site. In my eyes everyone belongs here and deserves to be heard. Post a thread when you're up to it and trust me you'll be heard. I myself at first thought I was constantly alone and that nobody cared but I was wrong. We all have been through something traumatic and there's people here who will relate to you. When I came across this forum too, I felt whiny too and didn't think anyone would care hearing about rants and problems. Trust me, you belong here. :flowerhearts:

4. jetrod

jetrod Member

thanx for the welcome. Once i figure the site out a 'lil better, i'll try and put into words what i'm feelin' and the why's. I think that most people have at least something good going for them, something to get up for each day, even if it's just something small. They say everybody has a skill, an ability or even an art they can do well at, I can't come up with anything at all. So now i'm gonna try and figure out where to post it and i'll try to explain where i'm at. Again thanx for the welcome, it was enuff to make me wanna come back today and follow thru this.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

:mouse_cheese::dog020::giraffe: Glad you will be posting more. I think when we have depression or other similar things, it is very hard to find what we are good at. The very nature of this can obscure our gifts etc. They are there. just sort of hidden behind the clouds. Or thats how I think of it.

6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

original post made me smile. good to see some humour there even when times are tough. welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.