Email and web use to be monitored under new laws

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Vanilla Sky, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanilla Sky

Vanilla Sky Well-Known Member

2. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

... i do not need to tell you who i am. You do not need to know who I am. Have a counter argument for that? Stop drawing me into the shit storm of life by intruding on mine. Guess that means if you want freedom you need to find it elsewhere.... fuck that noise. Idiots... imo.. people will just do what they have to do, cause that's all they leave them with. Im not a puppet and I can be so easily led.. but this is bullshit. I do know they do things that are out of this world, fighting black with black so to say,.. but they fucking forget the point.. or can't keep it away because it's everywhere. Idk.. ill stop. But not before saying that is very disheartening for everything. Britian britian britian... arg.
    Here's the thing, it boils down to trust, abuse, and effectively a prelude to some very serious problems if anything on an overall scale cracks off. It increases the economy driven mentality into the internet, into the "freedom" of information, distribution,.. ect. Allows people to be tagged easily for simply looking up things that interest them, but may be a "priority concern" for one particular agency. It's control.. Inevitable maybe in one regard, .. perhaps. This has been building for along time, funny to see it unfold in the uk though. :( A paranoid persons wet dream, and a potentiall chaining future. But hey, more acceptable losses, compromises for the sake of securty and progression. :| Stuck on a merry ride. That dream of fucking off into a forest is becoming more and more desireable. This is just crap.. from my point of view. But intensely important from some other dickwads point of view whose dealing with potentially dangerous situations.
    Idk, I don't trust the UK nor any other government tbh. I don't enjoy being an ignorant shit to what they're doing, but what can you do without joining them or trying to find out. And if you try to find out, you get highlighted. No thanks..
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
  3. Anonymu

Anonymu Well-Known Member

In Romania stuff like that is being monitored for years.
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

So what's new? Our web use has been monitored for years, starting in 2005 I believe is when it began to get more aggressive.
  5. justMe7

New? ... staging grouns prinn staging grounds. :) Like you say, 2005.. and then... and then... and then... and then...
    Excuse me whilst I give up on this worlds "progression". I gotta be quiet cause I rambel unspecifically, sorry. But.. yeah. It wouldnt have my vote. Id rather have something free that we could use, instead of what it's becoming.
  6. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

it starts under the guise of protecting us from terrorism, how long will it be before this forum is blocked to protect us from ourselves?
  7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Big Brother: Planet Earth edition.

I will throw away my mobile phone, cancel my e-mail account, smash my computer with a hammer and wander off into the bush and live off the land before I ever allow the government to go stand over my shoulder, writing notes every time I whisper nothings into friend's ears.

I might be using government services, but if the "big shots' are turning the world into a massive Big Brother style show, then I wil personally give them 'terrorism' and tear down a few transmitters.
    I HATE Big Brother!
  8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I think it is always good to be careful about what we say. But I think that if I am in fear or anger then "they" win. Darkness feeds off of fear and anger. So I try to stay away from fear or anger when it comes to even government. But I will not be silenced.
  9. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

It's an invasion of privacy and I understand all the anger about it.

But (if what they say is true) then unless you are someone with links to terrorism etc, it's not going to effect you. Someone isn't going to be sitting in an office somewhere, looking up everyone in the entire country to see what websites we are visiting. And it does say they'd need a warrant to read email, listen to phone calls etc. It's just storing data and it's very unlikely that it will ever, ever be viewed unless the government find you suspiscious.

I'm honestly not that bothered, but I get that it's definitely a step too far.
  10. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

Like someone already said the data it stored and people can only view it on request, also If you think you're important enough for the government to be actively watching what you're doing then you're idiot and unless you're planning a terrorist attack you shouldn't have anything to worry about. It's for your own safety.
  11. justMe7

Sigh... I give up.
  12. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

It's actually not exactly 'Big Brother'… you can always get rid of your cell phone, not buy an iPhone/iPad, and disconnect completely.

The thing that annoys me is that society has become so insanely dependent/intertwined with the Internet that this kind of thing IS actually really terrifying. Seriously, you're moving a large portion of your life into a technological system and you're NOT expecting to be controlled eventually?

I've quit smoking, I've quit drinking, I've quit some mild drugs… but giving up the Internet is harder than all of them put together. I wish it weren't true, but it is. I know I'd be happier if I disconnected but I can't! It's all the free entertainment, the knowledge, the paranoia, the fact that I don't have to actually think in the moment in order to have a conversation, the fact that I can multitask and get several kinds of information at once, the fact that everything is so available… and the fact that almost everyone else is online as well. A lot of people I meet don't even ask for phone numbers anymore-- they only ask for Facebook…

In a way I kind of wish that this would go through and people… well me especially… would stop spending so much time online because along with the anxiety, it's seriously ruining my life.
  13. cie

cie Banned Member

So the government is above the law? That's pretty much called 'corruption' right there. Invasion of privacy is against the law, and that is a blatant breach of human rights.

We send emails to our loved ones, we share feelings and things that no one has the right to read.
  14. Perhapsa3

Perhapsa3 Well-Known Member

Read the first line of my signature. That's how advanced technology is. I'm highlighted!

Triggering: It's not just the government but ordinary citizens use this tech for their own benefit.
    ...after I thought something, someone across the room looked at their cellphone and commented back in my direction. This has been going on for several months now.
  15. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I really don't think that anyone will care about your e-mails… and if you're really concerned about privacy then you might want to stay off the net altogether-- because as it is there are all kinds of people who can get your personal information and a lot of them have more sinister intentions than the government.
  16. deathangel101

deathangel101 Well-Known Member

the gov't can fuck off they are just trying to control us and im sick of it if they want to monitor someone they need to moniter the murdurers and rapists not us
  17. Rainfall

Rainfall Well-Known Member

Just another step towards gaining total control over all of us. Capitalism, fascism, Stalin-communism...they have all got the same goal: turn the public into sheep. Anonymous gave become the cyber-Robin Hood and his merry men.
  18. Perhapsa3

Perhapsa3 Well-Known Member

I get information from the internet. Such as listening to new music, finding lyrics, encyclopedia purposes for updated information, talking with distant family and friends, reading up on current or world events, finding good books to read, consumer reports. I shouldn't have to disconnect from the internet to maintain my privacy. My privacy is invaded when people read my thoughts. That doesn't require the internet.
  19. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Time to head for the hills then, bud. They are already taking notes. Just 'cause they don't tell you they are, or you don't see them, doesn't mean it isn't being recorded. Every single character sent over the 'net is recorded. Every game you've played, and every note you typed. Recorded right down to the pixel.
  20. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Of course I'm against Big Brother, invasion of privacy, etc.

Of course they're still going to do whatever the hell they want whether I'm for it or against it. Even if they tell us they aren't doing it, they're probably doing it. And there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

I suppose I should be worried, but I'm really not. My freedom can be taken from me at any time, regardless of my thoughts and actions. Sure they may record everybody's conversations, and scour the web looking for certain keywords to know who to watch. Sure I've done some illegal things in my life, and openly admitted to them online. Anonymously of course, but they're easily able to figure out who I am if they really want to. The reason I'm not particularly worried is because I can't fathom anyone in government ever being so utterly pathetic and bored that they actually take the time to track me and my life, out of all the billions of people on the planet.

They want to sit there and follow me around and track every move I make, online or off? Fine. By all means, go for it. And I thought I had no life. I must be pretty damn interesting after all if the government is going to invest their already stretched resources to read all the stupid rants I've posted. I would almost consider it an honor to know that they considered little old me to be worth their time. All the criminals, pirates, terrorists, spies, hackers, and revolutionaries in the world, and they choose to monitor me as if I'm some danger to national security? That's rich! Public Enemy Number One right here, lol! :laugh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.