Embrace the pain?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Novae Rogue, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novae Rogue

Novae Rogue Member

I was wondering if there was a possible way to embrace the darkness and pain? Is there a possible way to reframe your emotional wiring and perception so you enjoy feeling the pain?

I have heard of some types of meditaion where this is done. Is it possible, or do we have to see pain as pain forever?
  2. Pickett

Pickett Well-Known Member

Whoa dude. If you felt my chronic pain you'd realize it isn't cool. That's not something I enjoy. What do you want to be? Do you want to be one of those guys that hangs from meat hooks and wires for a show or spiritual reasons? Or one of the guys on the Jackass show who let snakes bite them?

Embrace the pain? :unsure: My emotional pain would be easier to overcome if it wasn't for my chronic testicular pain. Right now it's not hurting but I have had a couple beers. I've gotten over my other problems in my life gradually but that one is something that is a real bitch.

I'm sorry. Maybe I'm not really understanding exactly what you mean. If you want to have some fun though let your partner smack your tush. That's fine and relaxing.
  3. kreative1

kreative1 Well-Known Member

When you find the method to embrace darkness and pain, let me know, till then oh death come forth and take me, take me now.
  4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

isolation is my form of embracement(thats not even a fuckin word...ugh). When i start isolating, i start talking to myself. its much better then talking to others(i dont like most people, they cant relate to me or they just dont seem to respect me etc).

Ive never tried meditation but that'd be because I live in a house full of people and its completely fuckin pointless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.