Emetophobia

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by emilyroselovesu, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emilyroselovesu

emilyroselovesu Well-Known Member

my worst fear is throwing up.
    whenever i get a stomach ache i want to die.
    id rather die than throw up
    i get stomach aches everyday
    therefore i have bad thoughts everyday

im afraid to eat most of the time
    im afraid to leave the house for long periods of time because im afraid my stomach ache will get worse and i will throw up in front of people
    i cry everyday because of the thoughts of dying.
    its just a stomach ache. everyone gets them. why do i have to take it to an extreme level?

when i have a stomach ache my mood and thoughts completely change. IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO THINK POSITIVE WHEN I FEEL SICK. no matter what i do to get my mind off of it, nothing helps. all i think about is dying.

when i want to die i think i should die. that im a mistake and no one wants me here. i am a waste of space. everyone is sick of me being around. i dont do anything good for the world.

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I bet you are very nice. Please don't say bad things about yourself.

Have you tried seeing a doctor about this?

Have you tried going to therapy?

If these don't work, maybe try acupuncture and chinese medicine.

Here is a home remedy for nausea and abdominal pain

make a tea from cardamon, clove, and orange peal

this is from my book of traditional chinese home food cures. I don't know how much of each you would put it in, but I'm guessing a teaspoon each of the cardamon and cloves. Maybe half of an orange peal? Idk.

oh, and I think it says something about not drinking this more than three times a day.

some general dietary advice that might apply would be to eat fresh, well-cooked whole foods (aka, avoid processed foods and raw foods). Everything served warm, including beverages.

if you see and acupuncturist, maybe ask about dietary advice.

also, in the book "Between Heaven and Earth: A Guide to Chinese Medicine" in the back of chapter 13, there is a description of acupuressure self-massage for stomach issues.

hope this helps!

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

oh, and I love Emily Rose right back!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :console:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.