Emo womanly rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Why on earth do men think that women always mean something else when they say anything to the nature of "I want to be alone" or "I want some space" or "I don't want to talk about it"???

If I say I wanna be alone, LEAVE ME ALONE! Don't poke and prod till I'm ready to kick your ass! It's not a cry for attention!

If I say I want some space, GIVE ME MY DAMN SPACE! Don't bug the shit out of me till I'm ready to rip your head off! It's not me asking you to take up my space, it's me asking you to get out of it!

If I say I don't wanna talk about it, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT! Don't keep on and on and on till I'm ready to beat you senseless! It's not me saying I want to talk, it's me saying I DON'T WANT TO TALK!

Okay, so maybe I didn't mean EXACTLY what I said when I told you, "I want to be alone, give me some space" I may have actually meant "Leave me alone before I punch you in the face". But it's still pretty much the same thing.

Rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Entoloma43

So you're upset that people are persistently concerned about your well-being? That's kind of odd, as I think a lot of people here would feel lucky if they had people like that in their lives.

No, I'm annoyed at my husband for bugging the crap out of me when we've had an argument and I ask for space and time alone so I can cool off and get to a point where talking about it isn't going to result in more arguing and possibly a fight. It's never a good idea to talk when angry, it only escalates things, it's best to walk away and calm down first.

BK_Jetsfan

No, I'm annoyed at my husband for bugging the crap out of me when we've had an argument and I ask for space and time alone so I can cool off and get to a point where talking about it isn't going to result in more arguing and possibly a fight. It's never a good idea to talk when angry, it only escalates things, it's best to walk away and calm down first.
That can be very hard to do. Especially when emotionally weak paranoid men (talking about myself not your husband) think that leaving you alone will give you all the time in the world to realize how much of a complete loser we are and that you'd be better off without me. Wow, I really did just turn your thread about you into something about me.

Have you tried pointing out what you mean by saying those things? Obviously he just doesn't know any better, but at least he didn't just run off, he wants to work things out with you. He just chose a bad time. Most men need training, sorry to say. Hope it works out for you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever thought about leaving the room instead of trying to make him leave?
lol that's exactly what I did. I said to him "I really can't talk to you right now, I need some time alone to cool off, give me a little space" and I went into the bedroom and shut the door.
Before I had even had time to sit down he was knocking on the door asking me to come out and talk, so I opened the door and told him, "I love you but I'm pissed off right now and I really need to be alone so I can calm down and talk to you".
Again I shut the door, he opens it and starts going on about how I'm being selfish and he has more to say on the matter. So I told him to go ahead and say it and it was just the same things he had already said and that made me more angry and I told him ok, I got it, you think this, this and that and those are your reasons (I'm paraphrasing here) and you're upset because I don't agree with you, now please go in the living room and play xbox while I calm down and find a rational answer. Then he said I was being condescending and kept repeating the same things over and over and over again till I locked myself in the bathroom with the radio on. :/
We rarely ever argue, but when we do it's just like that, every time. I guess it doesn't help that he is 5 years my junior and was raised in a home where no one was around enough to argue with, nor did they care enough to worry with talking so he doesn't really know how to argue productively; nor does it help that I need a considerable amount of cool down time before I can begin to think rationally once I've been upset.

That can be very hard to do. Especially when emotionally weak paranoid men (talking about myself not your husband) think that leaving you alone will give you all the time in the world to realize how much of a complete loser we are and that you'd be better off without me. Wow, I really did just turn your thread about you into something about me.
I never really thought of that. He's not expressed fear of losing me, so maybe this is something I should try to talk to him about, and let him know that no silly little fight will make me want to leave.
And no lol, you didn't turn it about you, you used your own feelings to make an example of something that may a part of the issue, and I think you for your candidness :)

Have you tried pointing out what you mean by saying those things? Obviously he just doesn't know any better, but at least he didn't just run off, he wants to work things out with you. He just chose a bad time. Most men need training, sorry to say. Hope it works out for you. ;)
I suppose I didn't need to explain the meaning of them because they seem pretty self explanatory to me lol
No, he's never left, he usually just pesters me till I give in and tell him he's right, but this argument had to do with the kids and I never give in when it comes to them unless he makes a damn good argument.
We don't argue often, so when we do the things we didn't argue about last week come to the surface as well and I don't know how to get him to start talking about his feelings, rather than letting them build up for weeks at a time till this happens lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00