Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Winslow, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Let me get at the core. How well do you control your emotions? This question is entirely different than asking about how you solve your problems. After all, a person can Still have problems, yet have firm emotion-control at the same time, which, in turn, enables the person to endure.

Although I have schizophrenia (voices in my head), I still endure because of the excellent therapist I have. But at the same time,it still comes down to Myself, how I myself cope.

So what I'm asking is How do you control your emotions? One of the ways I do it is by grading myself each day. Sometimes I do it several times a day depending on whether I feel the need. In other words, to keep myself in check. During those times, I usually feel like I'm 2 persons--the emotional person and the logic-driven person. For me, the logic-driven side feels like a monk in a monastery. So there is at least a 2nd person inside my head to keep things in balance--although a very precarious balance like a circus-performer walking on a high-wire.

While I'm at it, I might as well grade myself right now. At the moment, I would grade myself as "stable." Not suicidal but not happy either. At least in the safety zone.

So how do you others control your emotions? How would you grade yourself over-all?
  2. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

I would give myself atleast a 7/10. I manadge/control my emotions well as I use different strategies to do this. I don't always rush in to me feelings but take it slowly at a time.
  3. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

i dont manage my emotions well most of the time but thats certainly one thing im going to be working on with my therapist
  4. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

thanks for posting this!
    this is the most difficult for me...I have terrible mood swings
    it takes a lot of difficult practice for me to lengthen my fuse (or not even have a fuse)
    I catch myself when I say something negative and just keep changing
    I try to dance a lot lol when I feel angry ^__^
    this is why I need therapy, to learn coping strategies
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.