Emotional Abuse

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by PostBlue, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PostBlue

PostBlue Member

Isn't it the worst kind?

Sticks and stones may break her bones
    but words can make her starve herself to death

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Aww:sad: It's sad but true..I'm here if you need to talk :hug:

3. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

:hug:

It's horrible, I know.

PM me if you need to talk x

4. bluebear

bluebear Member

Yes it is and that's why I am here.I am angry,TIRED,exhausted,hopeless...but at least not scared anymore which in my case seems worse.:sad:
    I am facing and dealing with my abuser lately and it's confusing.Not being afraid is dangerous,feeling like I wanna hurt myself just to end it all.Cause this will never end,never.....

5. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Yeah.. I really hate the way people always downplay it..like say if someone isbullying you by calling you names or manipulating you, and you tell someone else but they tell you this isn't 'proper' bullying/abuse because there's so violence or whatever.

6. carekitty

carekitty Guest

I'm so sorry, and I can so strongly relate to what you are saying. In my case, he's never going to let me go, and I'd rather be dead than live like this anymore. I'm so angry all the time, and I take all the anger out on myself, whether it's binge eating, cutting, etc. There just comes a time when any way out seems like a good one.

I pray your situation improves.

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It most definitely is the worst kind... big hugs :arms: :hug:!!

8. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

so true...its the worst ever...thats the reason why im in SF

9. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

It is definitely hard. I'm not sure you can say which is worse even if you experience both, but it is definitely, unquestionably hard. I hope things improve though :hug:

10. shenworne

shenworne Account Closed

Hi Guys.
    I am Shen. Definitely is the worst kind.
    Now I am here, don't fear.

11. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

I think the words effect differently because it involves the "unprovable" abuse - no one questions breaks, bruises, burns, blood or rape as damaging...

The insidious part about the verbal abuse is that people question it and make a person feel "weak" for being hurt by it...not true - it can and does hurt as much if not more at times than the physical abuse.

I have experienced both - and the verbal abuse caused me to question my view of reality because there was only my version against his.... and then he would be "nice" for a while and I would question if I remembered correctly - or I may have just walled it away and really did not remember because I would just switch "who" was out at the time...

12. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

This story really emphasizes the lesson of verbal abuse.....

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence . Over the next
    few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all.

He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, 'You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. But It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound will still be there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Something to think about!

Remember that friends are very rare jewels, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share words of praise and they always want to open their hearts to us..'

I hope I haven't left any holes in anyone's wall here....

:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.