Emotional eating

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

It is not so severe as bulimia or anorexia, but it can slowly destroying your life.

I live with this disorder for around 2 years, and it is destroying my life. In past 2 years its all about weight. If i am satisfied with it, im happy. If i have too much weight, i feel angry, guilty, depressed.

The disorder developed soon after i lose huge amount of weight. I am not shure if i had disorder before, but it doesnt matter. After diet i manage to normaly eat for 4 months, then emotional disorder came in my pathetic life.

Anyone else suffer from it?

2. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I'm overweight due to living a sedentary life and emotional eating. Comfort food is slowly killing me. I probably wouldn't be very overweight if I lived a more active life, I'm hoping to get a scholarship to the YMCA soon. It seems so easy to gain weight, but such a pain in the ass to lose it.

3. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

That happens with people who suffer from Bulimia a lot too. I'm not really bulimic myself, but people who are will often binge due to emotional stress etc. and then purge. Be careful... just because it doesn't have a 'title' to it doesn't make it any less serious than anything else.

4. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

Im way overweight myself..Its a combination of genetics, medication side effects, depression, and eating to comfort myself... I dont have a real problem with being overweight (wont make fun of myself here). Of course I wish from time to time that I was skinny but not for me. I just wish I was attractive to other people - I dont know what that matters but for some reason I think it does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.