1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotional eating

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

It is not so severe as bulimia or anorexia, but it can slowly destroying your life.

I live with this disorder for around 2 years, and it is destroying my life. In past 2 years its all about weight. If i am satisfied with it, im happy. If i have too much weight, i feel angry, guilty, depressed.

The disorder developed soon after i lose huge amount of weight. I am not shure if i had disorder before, but it doesnt matter. After diet i manage to normaly eat for 4 months, then emotional disorder came in my pathetic life.

Anyone else suffer from it?

2. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I'm overweight due to living a sedentary life and emotional eating. Comfort food is slowly killing me. I probably wouldn't be very overweight if I lived a more active life, I'm hoping to get a scholarship to the YMCA soon. It seems so easy to gain weight, but such a pain in the ass to lose it.

3. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

That happens with people who suffer from Bulimia a lot too. I'm not really bulimic myself, but people who are will often binge due to emotional stress etc. and then purge. Be careful... just because it doesn't have a 'title' to it doesn't make it any less serious than anything else.

4. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

Im way overweight myself..Its a combination of genetics, medication side effects, depression, and eating to comfort myself... I dont have a real problem with being overweight (wont make fun of myself here). Of course I wish from time to time that I was skinny but not for me. I just wish I was attractive to other people - I dont know what that matters but for some reason I think it does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.