Emotional Support my fucking ass!!!! SF is useless!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Valteron, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valteron

Valteron Well-Known Member

I am addicted to clonazepam and I have posted a general thread under "emotional support" at two different places asking if anyone has experince gettiong off the stuff. So far, all I have gotten is one person telling me to "see my doctor". He is the jerk who prescribed the #$%^&& stuff:mad:

This is not a mutual support board. It is a place for whiny teens to carry on before they take handfuls of acetominophen that could not possibly be lethal and then wake up in their own puke to get all the attention they want.

You can all fuck off as far as I am concerned. Bunch of self-centred babies!

2. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

i tried to talk to you and you freaked out accusing me of being a police officer who was going to stitch you up for pedophilia.. i have stayed away cos of that. cant answer for everyoine esle...

3. Valteron

Paranoia is one of the things I feel when I try to cut down on that fucking drug. I hate it! It keeps me like some kind of castrated zombie, sexless, unmotivated about anything, dragging myself around and wishing I could die. Yeah, yeah, I know, "see your doctor".

4. Valteron

Please let me feel anger, it is the only emotion still left to me, the only high I can experience.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Maybe they just don't know, are unwell themselves, or have not been addicted to the stuff. Ever thought of that?

6. Valteron

I guess when you're too busy puking up Nitoll and Tylenol and vodka and calling it a "suicide" attempt you have ne experience with any REAL drug problem.

7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Yes. Of course. Your problems outweigh those of self centred cry babies. I get ya. :smile:

8. Seerbrum

Seerbrum Well-Known Member

Ahhh addiction, something I know about!

It's ok Valteron, your angry, just try to direct it some where else, maybe in more positive manner. Personally I like to chop wood, and perhaps the most bizarre looking man in the middle of the inner city, who lives in an apartment.

BUT, maybe you should ask Your Doctor, if you can get a second opinion. If you feel uncomfortable with that, just go out and get a Second opinion. The options are there.

When you get a second opinion, get a third one. Ask about alternitves. And the most important thing to remember, its your care, your health, and you as a person have every right to full knowledge of it.

The biggest thing you need to remember is, that you need to be 100% involved in your care. Don't just take what they give you, ask about it. Ask about side effects, ask about the nature of the drug, ask if it will do any long term damage.

It can be easy when some one hands you a script and says "You'll be all better!" Who wouldn't want to run out and take it? But obviously it doesn't do anything for you at the moment, or what its doing is bad.

I suggest you stay on your medication, nothing good happens waking up after a psychotic episode brought on by paranoia, but don't rest in till you get the answers you seek.

Good luck.

9. Valteron

Look, maybe I am being harsh with everybody, but "see your doctor" is not an option. The first thing he would say is that he prescribed those pills for "occasional" insomnia. It is my fault I took them every night for the past 5 years. Plus, the drugguist make a mistake and started giving me 30 1-mg. pills per month intead of the original 20 my doctor prescribed. Plus, I don't want to explain to the doctor that I have been hoarding the extra pills in case I want to do myself in. Since we can't discuss methods, let's just say I would not use them alone but with another method.

10. soliloquise

i never said that to you at all. i took it on the chin and was v understanding despite being stunned by it.

11. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Maybe oh just maybe people don't know much about the drug your on and instead of posting some b.s. answer they don't answer. Would you rather them make up some crap about your drug or have some valid answers? If you feel addicted and your doctor won't do anything ab out it get a new damn doctor?! Don't blame people here for your issues when you are responsible for them yourself. You need to step back and realize youre on a forum where people are not okay for the par and can't always kiss your ass and post millions of answers to give you what you want.

Oh so sorry I couldn't offer you support sooner I was oh so busy trying to construct my life and keep my life in pieces. Main priority you know. Should think of that before you go off on people. Mmk dear

12. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Hello Valteron. I was addicted to xanax for years. From age 17 to 25...... I wrecked cars etc etc....... Did all kinds of stupid shit.

I have been off them for about 3 years or so. However, I have found nothing that works otherwise. I have agorophobia. Now, I isolate and dont leave my house. When the Docs took me off the xanax I had to quit college and quit work. I have been on disability since. Nothing works for social anxiety etc like benzos.

However, if you are only taking .5 mg a day that is not shit. You have nothing to worry about. That is a VERY small amount. I was always prescribed 4mg of klonopin a day.

Benzos are a double edged sword. They work very good and are the ONLY thing that works for real anxiety problems. However as you know they are addictive. You need more and more for same effect. So, I believe it is best to have someone dispense them to you. That way you dont eat a shitload more than prescribed.

If you are only taking .5 a day that is really not bad. That shows you are not that addicted. I was taking at least 10 mg a day.

13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I'm a developing foetus yah. :biggrin:

In all seriousness though, like what Seerbrum said, why not see another doctor who might be understanding as to why you abused the drug in the first place? You obviously did so for a reason. And you're under no obligation to disclose the hoarding to your any doctor, if you're unwilling.

What kind of help are you looking for?

14. Valteron

So I guess "let it all out" is not the place to let it all out, and "support forum" does not mean you get any support from this forum. Well, if people want to advertise this site as something it isn't, ok. I will just deal with my problems my own way.

If I weren't such a fucking coward I would have killed myself long ago and would not be feeling this way now.

15. Bob26003

To be honest... Since getting off the xanax, my life has sucked. I am trapped by my anxiety. I dont know how to deal with normal emotions. Its very hard when you are used to masking it for years and years. For me, the best way I can put it is like starting life over again.

16. plates

plates Well-Known Member

mod edit <helena> quote deleted post

I'm fortunate I'm not planning on ODing on Nytol any time soon. I'm just sitting here willing to listen to someone who is pissed off?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
  17. Valteron

Thank you, Bob, you are the only person here who has given me some useful info. I cannot BELIEVE what I am reading. You were taking 4 (or 10???) mg. of Klonopin (clonazepam) a DAY???:eek:hmy: If I take ONE mg. a day for a few days running I tend to sleep 10 hours a night and then feel I need to nap in the afternoon.

And, sorry if this is kind of personal, but did you experience a drop in sex drive and the ability to achieve orgasm (I am assuming you are a male, like me, but maybe not.).

18. soliloquise

sure you can rant but what give you the right to abuse others? you can rant but not direct it at others.
    insulting others is a no no here. and that is right.
    you know this site does support people. but when you attack them or bite their head off they won't.
    you are on a tiny amount of this drug and if you have such extreme paranoia you should be taking something other than a benzo anyway.
    belittling others problems is not on. you have no idea about what anyone goes through.

for your info i have been addicted to benzos and heroin and came off both in 1992. i don't publicise it on here much. i did try to help you in chat.
    0.5 mg is not a lot
    and yes you need to see a dr. we are not drs.... you deffo need to see one for the paranoia cos you will alienate people.

19. Bob26003

Plus, like I said man. .5 is not shit. That would not do anything. I dont even know why you would take only .5..........

Thats my opinion. I think it should be farely easy to get off them.

For a few days take .25 just to prevent WDs.

I think you are worrying too much

:smile:

Benzos are pretty damn safe. Way safer than SSRIs tylenol etc. ... The only prob is the addictive aspect. But like I said. .5 is good. Most ppl abuse their benzos. Meaning they take more than they are supposed. And most ppl are prescribed ate least 3mg a day.

That is probably why you didnt get many responses. Because .5 really is nothing. Its the second lowest dose

The key is though to ween off. Cause benzos can have WDs.......

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
  20. Bob26003

Yes, benzos to kill yer sex drive a little. I even had trouble getting wood a few times.

xanax also are more potent than klonopin. Dude, I really think you could do it if you want.

But to be honest, I dont think you need to. Are you sure you are not pinning some other problem on the klonopin?

maybe you are just very sensitive to it.

But if you want to get off it. Just ween off it. the Doc would tell you the same thing. :smile:

However, like I said, be advised cause nothing works like they do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.