Emotional support? not there.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by faleana, May 3, 2012.

1. faleana

faleana Member

You know how to kick me, especially when I'm down. You did, literally.
    But when I'm sad, & crying - you can never just be there for emotional support to tell me everything will be okay.
    No, you get mad. You yell at me. You blame me for putting you in a bad mood, & know exactly what to say to make me just wanna end my life.
    You're good at that, no. You're fucking amazing at making me want to hurt myself. Thank you, dear boyfriend. For making me go back to my old ways after years of recovery from it.

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

I think you need to ask whether this relationship is right for you. Can you leave?
    Did he actually kick you?

3. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your disastrous nightmare of a relationship.... I've often longed for one--a girlfriend--but then I hear tales like this-& I wonder.... Is it worth it? I think that the first thing you need to realize (in case you haven't already figured it out) is that none of this destructive behavior and negative energy coming from your boyfriend is your fault. He is the one to blame! And so, I don't know, but if I were you, I'd be looking for a way out, based on what you've told me.. This guy sounds like the exact opposite type of support you need in a candidate for the title of 'bf!' (only my overheated opinion of course)

4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Sorry to hear about that. My advice is the same thing I said to someone else in a relationship with someone who does not respect you: Sever.