Emotionally Raw and Exhausted

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Brighid Moon, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Hi. I'm new here, I guess obviously. I look forward to meeting people. I hope. A little background on me: I'm 43, almost 44, I suffer from complex PTSD symptoms (out of control at the moment, including depression and severe anxiety, with suicidal ideation), and hormonal upheavals due to peri-menopause. I just got out of the hospital from a coronary embolism scare, which caused me to quit smoking after 30 years, a month ago. I'm dealing with a narcissistic father who triggers me greatly as he's always been my primary abuser, and now I'm in Washington, alone (isolated, they like you like that) with no support system, and having to be his support (they like it like that). He's holding my housing and vehicle over my head, as they're in his name - a convoluted "gift" to me to get me up here with him, when I got out of the hospital. So many, many upheavals. I'm really scared, very alone, no support system (though I've been trying to get help), and having chest pains again (probably due to the anxiety of everything, but who knows?). Oh, and I have an emotional support assistance dog that I take care of - which makes actually being actively suicidal impossible for me.

Anyhow, that's about it. It's actually a lot longer and more in depth than all of this, but I didn't feel like writing it all out - that'd be a novel.

Hi.

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi BM & welcome to SF.

It does sound like you have an awful lot going on at the moment. I hope we'll be able to support you through these tough times :hug:.

Take care, Claire xx

3. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Hey welcome to sf.. I hope you can find some of the support you're looking for here :hug:

4. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Thanks you Claire and Xan. I'll write more I guess when I'm not in the middle of a hot-flash. :shower:

5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Take your time hun, explore the different forums. We'll still be here :hug:.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. :shake:

7. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome x

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forum!! Look around and familurize you self with the different forums and you can always PM anyof us...

9. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to sf :hug:

10. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. i am glad you came to s.f.

i hope you stay here, reach out to any of us, all of us, and get some support.
    :hug:

11. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome :)

13. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF!

14. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

hi and a warm welcome to SF:smile:

15. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

:welcome: to SF

You're just across the sound from me. :laugh: Some awful weather, huh? But that isn't news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.