Emotionless logic

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by kindtosnails, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Darkness taking over
    The gun lies by her side
    They won't know it's murder
    They'll say it's suicide

No tears left for this life
    Emotionless logic.
    It destroyed her, now its her turn
    This is her battle, my battle
    And I'll end it

And I'll win.

2. Something about these few sentences leave me speechless - the irony is too thick, as is the wish to "win". Hoping for relief, for you, for all of us - but before the end...

FAL1

3. kindtosnails

where's the irony?

4. The irony of "winning" by dying...it's a paradox - though any worthy paradox is merely the opposite side of another truth...

Well, that's the way I read it - once you set a poem free in the world, there's no control in how it is read. Maybe there's Wonder in that...

FAL1

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  5. kindtosnails

its not winning by dying as you put it. dying is just the sacrifice, the side effect..i cant find the words. the winning is by defeating it and destroying it once and for all. theres not much left of her anyway, so really its not such a big deal. not to argue with you, just explaining..

6. You can't argue with me - it's YOUR poem! You FOUND the words (you did) - I just read them in a different way...yet I happen to think that what's left of "her essence" is exactly what is worth fighting for. I'm engaged in it myself...

"Dying is a side-effect" - I like that.
    ...That's rich.

{FAL1}

7. kindtosnails

lets agree to disagree. its not worth it at all and id know. yeh i couldnt really find a better way to put that but it is kinda what i mean:smile:

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

i like it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.