Emotions that are TOO strong

• Thread starter ProzacDeathWish
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ProzacDeathWish

Do any of you suffer from EXTREMELY intense emotional responses ?

For example, when someone acts treacherously toward me or treats me badly I begin to burn inside with a desire for revenge that borders on being apocalyptic:evil: . The desire to "repay" intrudes into my thoughts and keeps me in continual turmoil. I cannot push it out of my thoughts.

On the other hand, if I'm driving down the road and I see some poor animal that has been run over I will suddenly hear myself say "Oh no!" and feel a sense of sadness that lingers for quite a long time.

At work, I saw a young visually impaired student using her long cane to tap her way around obstacles and I felt a big lump in my throat and my eyes began to brim.

Recently, I watched an elderly man try to use his motorized wheelchair to cross a very busy street at night. His chair batteries had run out and he was struggling to get his chair out of harm's way. I went over and helped push his chair across the street and when I returned to my car I just broke down
and cried.:cry2:

What's wrong with me !!! How can I go from having the evil rage of a maniac to the compassion of an overly- sensitive child ?

( Btw, I have been professionally diagnosed and am not Bi-polar )

Last edited:

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
First off, I don't think there's anything "wrong" with you for having such intense feelings. I remember someone posting - probably in the General Disorders forum - about High Sensitivity, if I remember correctly. It's just as you described: overwhelming emotional reaction to just about anything, and really really sensitive to what goes on around you. Your 'highs' and 'lows' are excessively high and low, like riding the world's tallest roller coaster. Look in the General Disorders Forum and read the post about Highly Sensitive Persons - or a similar title, can't remember exactly. That might give you some insight on your extreme emotional reactions.

least

It's a 'sticky' called Highly Sensitive Persons

Last edited by a moderator:

Beret

Staff Alumni
Hun im sorry you get so easy emotional. Damn, ive gotten so many different diagnosis myself i dunno whats wrong with me. Shrinks are no Gods and everyone is going to tell you sth. different. I hope you can stay strong and my thoughts are with you,
lots of love,
Beret

First off, I don't think there's anything "wrong" with you for having such intense feelings. I remember someone posting - probably in the General Disorders forum - about High Sensitivity, if I remember correctly. It's just as you described: overwhelming emotional reaction to just about anything, and really really sensitive to what goes on around you. Your 'highs' and 'lows' are excessively high and low, like riding the world's tallest roller coaster. Look in the General Disorders Forum and read the post about Highly Sensitive Persons - or a similar title, can't remember exactly. That might give you some insight on your extreme emotional reactions.

least

It's a 'sticky' called Highly Sensitive Persons
I think so, too!

:hug:

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00