Emptiness

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by desolate, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desolate

desolate Member

Wow, this emptiness is literally killing me. I'm stuck in my little cubicle at work, noone talks to me. The one good friend at work seems to have ditched me. An hour at the gym with the earphones helps take me out of this world temporarily, but now it's back to the dark, empty reality.

I struggle through each day like I have a boulder tied to my back. I'm not sure it's worth it anymore.

2. satyesu

satyesu Member

for what it's worth, i'm willing to lend an ear, a shoulder, a hand (all metaphorically of course, as these are the interwebs) - what do you need?

3. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

One very, very small suggestion. Lose the headphones. You can't expect human contact with headphones on. I know all too well that depression makes it hard, even impossible, to make that effort to reach out. Just don't blame others. I'm not saying this to try to point to anything blameworthy - depression is an insidious disease, but as hard as it is, it is easier to fix ourselves than everybody else.
    It's good that you are reaching out for help, even this tenuous internet connection can help. Don't be ashamed to seek help for yourself. Medication and therapy both help. If you need them, take them.
    :bunny:

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Have you thought about joining a group therapy or attending a class in something that intrests you.. Or maybe like Aeou did by joining a judo class, maybe a martial art would be good for you.. It would help you meet new people and to take out some of your aggressions..

5. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

Strange has a good idea. My son controls his [mild] BP with exercise. Exercise is good, but anything that keeps you in contact with the world is good. Even being on here.:rolleyes:

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I certainly know how you feel :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.