Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Daphna, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I remember feeling so empty inside. I tried filling it up with anything I could. Needless to say it did not work. That was until I realized that it was my soul that was hurting, and thus it made me suffer physically and mentally as well. If you think about it,it makes sense. So what was wrong with my soul? It was lonely, empty, and sad. I was disconnected to the one who gave me my soul. I yearned for love that I could only get from a spiritual source. And all of this made me sad, because it affected everything dealing with me. Now I am spiritually filled! For me it is with Yahweh, and I am no longer going through these symptoms. Hallelujah!:yay:Just wanted to share. Thank you for reading. Blessings..:boogie:
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

What is there to discuss in this though?

Motivations forum might be more appropriate.
  3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Please post these religious testimonials to the Positive and Motivational Messages part of the forum where they will be better received.
  4. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

As per rules:

• Religious Discussions are limited to the Soap Box forum, any threads outside this forum that turn into a religious discussion will be copied over to the Soap Box forum and the discussion in the original thread pruned so that support may be given and allow the discussion to continue unabated without hijacking the intent of the original poster.

She has every right to post this here, as it comes under a religous discussion IMO.
  5. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

If you have threads here bashing religion and saying why it's bad, you should be able to have pro-religion threads and saying why its good, as in this case the OP says how it helped her.

BTW, I'm not even religous, but it should be a two way street on these forums.
  6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Nothing. There's nothing soapy about an exclamation of no longer feeling empty. Looks like just a positive and motivational message to me too, Forum Buddy.
  7. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

Well, techically, a soapbox is defined as "an improvised platform used by a self-appointed, spontaneous, or informal orator; broadly : something that provides an outlet for delivering opinions"

so it should be okay here, right?

i mean, ya know, since everyone's getting technical....
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
  8. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I agree with Lemoncookie. I think the thread's ok here.
  9. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Well, there might be nothing for you guys to discuss about, but someone else might have something to discuss about it:)
  10. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

11. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Hardly one in the same, this is as was said a testimonial, not really putting any discussable points out there as to why people should be religious.

My only point is even though this is the soap box if anyone questions the OP claims or offers a countering point of view they will be bashed as unsupportive or pessimistic, so why not put it in a forum with other threads of the same type that aren't meant to be actually discussed and just acknowledged.
  12. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

One possible question or direction could come from someone whom has been or is in a similar situation. Daphna is talking of her experience through the good to the bad to the good. Basically a summary of her own personal life experience through the way she has chosen to live her life. There very well might be other people whom are trying or are living their lives in a similar fashion, so it's nice for them to read that someone else is experiencing something that they can relate to.

We can't discriminate against someone with a believe whom is in pain because they have chosen a different way of life than the rest of us. It might be hard to accept that, because if we accept that even with their believes they still have pain like we do, than perhaps even though we all have chosen different paths in life, that we aren't all that different. It might seem like preaching, but there is a fine line between "preaching" and "talking" when it comes to an outsiders point of view.

The discussion could be about people enduring the same journey that Daphna has, and how they feel like giving up, or what keeps them going.

When it comes to beliefs and religion, it can be very difficult to find someone to talk to about the samethings, .. especially when the people around you accidentally take your post to be preaching.

All I can say is, if you can't relate to it, I don't particularly think you need to post in the thread. There are going to be threads that really don't concern you(you being in general). Doesn't mean you can't take some comfort that there are people out there whom are living a life completely different than you :)

Anyhow.. I do actually have a question :) Do you feel on par with your spiritual connection or is the spiritual essence greater than your perception? I suppose, how do you trust a spiritual connection.. to me it feels like being out of the drivers seat, the whole "who is in control of whose destiny".
  13. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I wanted to thank everyone for the nice posts. :) :hug:
    To Blake- "DO I feel on par with my spiritual connection or is the spiritual essence greater than you perception? Great question! I feel equal in the desire and goal with my spiritual connection. I do admit that Yahweh who I choose to be mine is far more aware, and wise than I can ever be, but he does not mind sharing the wisdom, and enlightenment to help me understand.It is comforting to trust that I am in his hands, but I am always in the drivers seat as far as free will goes. He has just already preordained his reactions to my actions because he already knew them before I was born. I hope this helps. :) Blessings..

How have I come to trust him? Well trust is earned and he knows that. After I turned my life to him, and left my old ways of doing things my way, he blessed me with whatever I prayed for. He also gave me much more, but the answering of the prayers built my trust and faith in him as a whole. It is still a relationship, and works like one too. Even though it is a divine one. :)
  14. Prinnctopher's Belt

That's not the point that he's making, though. In the soap box, people are prone to disagree and pull out devil's argument type of discussion, for or against whatever is in the original post. In this case, the original post is not meant for whole discussion, it's just a testimonial. And no one is discriminating here... it's just a matter of being out of place, much like no one would repeatedly post topics that belong in Let It Out or Crisis Forum here, because flames are typical here where there is no such thing as "don't post your opinion here if you can't relate and agree with the OP" -- that's contrary for why the soap box exists.

Now, if it actually was a topic about religion itself (i.e. the history, literature, truth/myth) in that context, then it would feel less out of place. And like fawkes said, if anyone counters or says something against or opposite the original post in this thread, it will be seen or possibly reported as being non-supportive or pessimistic because the topic is one that the OP has already shown is not up for discussion, but simply something she wants to declare, a positive and motivational message about her healing, not an issue up for soapin'; which makes me think it would be received better there.

But no big deal. Just saying there's a reason that all these different sub-forums exist for particular nature of topics. Her healing can be discussed in Positive and Motivational Messages too, where people will receive it in that context, and thus there won't be any opposing or countering, or any two page fuckstorms of whether or not it's posted in the appropriate place. I don't really care either way though, it just defeats the purpose of there being numerous sub-forums for certain topics here, and for this particular reason (people entering the thread and having to go "uhh, wrong part of the forum...?").
  15. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Everyone has made good points, and I too thought that the thread would be better suited in Positive Thoughts based on Daphna's original post. I wondered why she didn't just post there, maybe she had cottoned on to the fact that a lot more people read the Soap Box and she didn't think she would be heard otherwise.

Yes, the opening post didn't seem to leave much room for discussion, but we can easily make a discussion out of it, by agreeing or respectfully disagreeing, sharing stories, or asking questions for Daphna to answer, as Blake mentioned and demonstrated.

Now that his question has been answered, I have a question that part of what Daphna said in her reply reminded me of.

(Emphasis Mine)

My question is:

Seeing as Christianity teaches that God directs your life, how can you believe that he would alter his direction for you by answering your prayers?

A few quotes relating to the idea of God's direction, just so everybody knows I'm not talking B.S:

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord" - Psalm 37:23

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” - Proverbs 3:5

Thus says the Lord, Your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go.” - Isaiah 48:17

“O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.” - Jeremiah 10:23

I apologize if this offends you in any way, but this is something about Christians that I have always wondered. I actually wouldn't mind hearing other Christians input on this, so if you are a Christian and have something to add, please do.
  16. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

I thought Daphna was jewish? i think....
  17. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

If you are Jewish Daphna, then disregard my question if it no longer applies to you. I just assumed you weren't Jewish because Jews generally call God Adonai or Jehovah.

If another person (preferrably Christian) wants to answer my question instead, I would appreciate it.
  18. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Sorry I have just gotten on. I had a busy day! No I am not Jewish. To put it simply is this. If the Jewish beliefs married the Messiah beliefs, my group and I would be the outcome.Minus animal sacrifice. The two houses coming together. Which is explained to happen in the bible. But christianity is a whole other can of worms. We are not Christians or Jews. [Not saying anything negative about either, we are just not them.]:)
    Now to the question :). Yahweh gave us the Ten commandments to guide us in life so that we may know what sin is, and so that we know how to show our love to him by doing them. (Christians and Jews both are taught separate things so they might try to argue with me on this.) The Jews believe that we must live and observe the Ten commands in order to be saved, but they reject the Messiah out of disbelief. The christians believe the Messiah who the call the name Je-us, came to do away with the law by his death. Now the interesting part is that the bible says that we must believe in the Messiah's name [Yahshua], and this is what we believe [my group] to be his birth name and only name of redemption. And his sacrifice to redeem us so that we can spiritually reborn by his resurrection, while our past sinful selves can die alongside him in baptism in his saving name. Once we do that we are to follow the Messiah into obedience (like good children) by sinning no longer, and living by the law, since it is the GUIDELINES as to what sin is. This is how Yahweh guides us in life. Along the way, once we are baptized any sins we commit unknowingly is forgiven by grace so that we can be perfected in Yahshua once and for all. His return, and to do our fathers business.
    My prayers were answered for two reasons. One- I had pleased Yahweh and thus he blesses [heavenly gifts] those who please him. Two as I have stated before it builds a relationship of trust with him, that we know he is always there no matter what in everything. Prayer isn't always about gimme, gimme. It is about communicating as well. Which any healthy relationship needs to thrive. So as you can see he guides us with his commands, and either rewards us, or allows the evil one to punish us for our disobedience. I hope I did not lose you. :) Do you understand now?

Sin FYI is another word for rebellion, doing wrong against Yahweh, his laws, and to others, yes, even ourselves. After learning about our creator for myself, I find that his way is how everyone wants this life to be. But that is what I have learned, and soon the world will know him once again! Hallelujah!
    Yahweh is the Hebrew name for the being known as G-d. Just wanted to throw that in there. Jehovah's call him Jehovah and they are another can of worms too.
  19. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I also was under the impression that anything dealing with faith is to be here in this forum for those wondering. :) Blessings..
  20. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

And no I do not get offended with questions, because they lead to understandings. Blessings..:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.