Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Luna1, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna1

Luna1 Member

I'm feeling really crappty tonight.
    I'm supposed to start therapy next week but where's the point? The meds don't seem to work.. at first i felt better but now i'm starting to feel worst again. Why can't I work through it, get over and be done with it??
    A colleague of mine told me tonight that she is glad that she can tell me about her worries and fears and that her fantasies are always worse than her reality. I'm really glad for her but what are you supposed to do when your reality is worse than your fantasies?? What do do you then?
  2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Hey there Luna :hug:

Therapy is really hard. So is trying to find the right combo of meds. And sometimes they seem to work then stop. How long have you been on them? You should talk to your doctor about this as well.

Give therapy a chance. A REAL chance hun. And if you don't like your therapist, find a new one. :hug:!
  3. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

hi there,

You've taken the big steps of getting onto meds and into therapy--I haven't even done that yet. But from everything I've heard, though these are major and important steps, they don't resolve everything quickly: meds take time, even if you get the right ones. Therapy takes time, even if you find a good therapist and work with the most effective techniques. It's crappy, but you're on the path to less-crappy if you stick with it.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun talk to your doctor okay meds may need to be increased a bit as you were probably started on low dose at first Therapy does work and with meds in conjunction with therapy you will get better progess it is said so please know things will get better hun hugs
  5. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

It Sounds like you're taking the proper steps toward getting better. Don't be so quick to give up. You should at least go to therapy before giving up. Who knows, it might be just what you need. Also, keep I. Contact with your doctor about hour medicine. They might recommend a new dosage or a different medi cine. So really instead of quitting, you should have hope. You're going to be getting better soon and that's something to look forward to.
  6. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

if your reality is worse than your fantasies what do you do then? well id suggest altering your reality in a positive way. when was the last time you did something you enjoyed?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.