Encouraging Quotes

blue542

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm not a poet, I wish I had the mind to throw it all together. I created this thread to post some encouraging quotes, humorous or quite serious. I'll even start.

That person is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who has gained the respect of intelligent people, and the love of children; who has filled a unique niche and accomplished his or her task; who leaves the world better than before, whether by a perfect poem or a rescued soul; who never lacked appreciation of the earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in others and gave the best he or she had.
Adapted from Robert Louis Stevenson

laxgirl

Here's some...

"The soul would have no rainbow, had the eye no tears." -Author Unknown

"When you come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly." -Donna

"To accomplish great things we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." -Anatole France

blue542

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
This one comes courtesy of Chrissy: (laxgirl)

I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.
-Harper Lee (1926 - ), To Kill a Mockingbird, 1960

laxgirl

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than what other people think or say or do. It is more than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...The only thing we can do is play on the string we have and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes." -Charles Swindoll

E

Eternal_struggle

"It is not in the stars to hold your destiny, but in ourselves.

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind

Work like you don't need the money, live like it's the last day, love likes it's the first time, and dance like nobody's watching!

'Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward'

E

Eternal_struggle

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
To the plumber, any liquid in the glass is potential income.

Sticks and stones are hard on bones,
aimed with angry art
words can sting like anything,
but silence breaks the heart... -Phyllis mcgenlee

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. -- Thomas Jefferson

blue542

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Overnight my thread went from 4 replies to 17. I'm amazed. There have been some very meaningful quotes posted too. Here's one that struck me to be true:

Telling us to obey instinct is like telling us to obey 'people.' People say different things: so do instincts. Our instincts are at war... Each instinct, if you listen to it, will claim to be gratified at the expense of the rest...-C.S. Lewis

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00