End Of The Road

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mistysautumn, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistysautumn

mistysautumn Well-Known Member

I know some of you will mark this as insensitive, however... I'll ask. Those of you who are in a comatose state of mind for years and still there's no sign of improvement, how long will you be avoiding the inevitable?
  2. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

If you have feelings you need to express, either you should make this about yourself or PM someone about what you're feeling. I know you have problems but you're expressing them the wrong way.

That's something you should never ask a depressed/suicidal about and I was personally hit by your words. Just goes to show how fragile my psych is this days. Lots of us are trying to fight death in here, and that's not something we want to think about at all.

Anyway, I'm sorry for being harsh, but I kinda "vote this thread for deletion. I've seen lots of people here who would not benefit from seeing something like this.
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I'm fighting for my life.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I've been fighting this since I was thirteen and I am fifty two now..You can fight this by getting on meds to stable your thoughts and get a good therapist to teach you how to live.. I fight these feelings everyday but after three attempts I know I won't act on them again unless something major happens to me..You have strayed of a positive path in your life and need a little guidance to help you get back on a positive one..Take care!!
  5. mistysautumn

Okay, you're fighting all your life. But what's the point? That's something I can not understand at all. That's why I don't have any problems with suicide.
  6. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that the point is that we are all gifted individuals in one way or another and we have the ability to do something great in this world, for the benefit of ourselves and other people. We've all got something to offer, which is one of our reasons for being here.

In regards to suicidal people, or as you say comatose, then I think its because we are hanging onto the good things in life and what makes life worth living. It's in our instinct to survive, so we keep fighting.
  7. Mil

Mil Active Member

Well until I'm not a coward. I'm too scared that what is on the other side is worse.
  8. mistysautumn

So basically you're saying that the sense of your life is helping to create something good for yourself and people you care about. Make a better world. But that's not the answer. You just created another question. Why should you do that? Why should you try again and again when it all comes to one in the end. It's all the same.
  9. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

Well, eventually we all will die. There's no need to fasten the process as it is, and might as well make the best out of the one life you get on Earth.
  10. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

There is no point, life isn't a formula that can be solved, even if it were why even? Us humans like to think we are significant but we're all going to die in the end. We escape these thoughts by filling the void with serotonin, happiness, companionship, thinking we are significant. We have the gift of dreaming, to help pass the time too. That I guess is the best way a person would want to live and then die. Usually when I see someone asking what the point of life is, they never get the answer. Asking other people the point of your life doesn't really make sense.
  11. mistysautumn

You said it all, Angelo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.