end of the world

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It seems to me the worst part of it is that he died laughing from his own terrible joke.
True, it wasn't worth dying for. I guess it was a lifetime of stoically repressing the urge that did him in.
Who said anything about killing? I'd look at it as an opportunity to bring my creativity to light.
Care to elaborate, heh heh?

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I also saw a show a thousand ways to die about true stories about peoples deaths, one man who was large heard a joke and laughed for three days straight until he died of a heart attack
I found it - it was S1, Episode 12. He died in 1997 after laughing continuously for 36 hours at an unknown joke. Monty Python did a sketch about the British winning the Second World War by translating a lethally funny joke into German and transmitting it to German troops

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
if the world was going to be hit by a comet and you were 100% certain the world would end in a week what would you do that week
I'd make a few phone calls and say goodbye. Then I'd make myself comfy and watch humanity collectively go through the seven stages of grief. I'd sure as hell eat a lot of pizza that week. I don't think I'd do much drinking, I wouldn't want to miss one second of the show.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'd make a few phone calls and say goodbye. Then I'd make myself comfy and watch humanity collectively go through the seven stages of grief. I'd sure as hell eat a lot of pizza that week. I don't think I'd do much drinking, I wouldn't want to miss one second of the show.
that sounds good but I might sit in my dodge with oxygen so I might be able to last a minuet or two before I go so I can watch the world explode in a million pieces what a show of course without special suit blood would boil and i'd probably explode in space, it's all good

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I would be too terrified to eat or do anything else while waiting for the world to explode into zillions of pieces. It's definitely the propophynol option for me.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
My grandpa died of one, but I think he didn't even feel it too much. He knew he was going to die that day, and we didn't even realize it until he was getting unresponsive. But I read that diabetics don't feel it as much, so that brings me comfort to think maybe it wasn't that painful.

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I legit thought i was having a heart attack once about a year ago - turns out my heart is just kind of messed up like half the other muscles i have...good valves though, somehow, for all the sense that makes

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Oh, I meant I felt I was about to die of laughter. I was gasping for breath and still couldn't stop. Of course, everybody else started to laugh as well which didn't help. It was crazy.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I would be too terrified to eat or do anything else while waiting for the world to explode into zillions of pieces. It's definitely the propophynol option for me.
I wouldn't be terrified. Everyone alive on the day the world ended already knew ahead of time that we would die one day, so there's nothing really new there, but lol, what a way to go! Of all the generations of humanity who had gone before, we would be the lucky ones who get to see what it's like to be sitting on a planet as it gets blown to smithereens and turned into a dust cloud.

Parental Advisory: The contents of this thread are completely fictional. Any resemblance to actual planetary explosions is completely coincidental.
(a subliminal image of an ice cold Coca Cola and a box of popcorn flashes on the screen)

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
we would be the lucky ones who get to see what it's like to be sitting on a planet as it gets blown to smithereens and turned into a dust cloud.
Imagine being that one guy on the International Space Station or such that just watches that and is left alive though. That would be such an awkward moment for me. No idea if i should just carry on or what after that.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I wouldn't be terrified. Everyone alive on the day the world ended, already knew ahead of time that we would die one day, so there's nothing really new there, but lol, what a way to go! Of all the generations of humanity who had gone before, we would be the lucky ones who get to see what it's like to be sitting on a planet as it gets blown to smithereens and turned into a dust cloud.

Parental Advisory: The contents of this thread are completely fictional. Any resemblance to actual planetary explosions is completely coincidental.
(a subliminal image of an ice cold Coca Cola and a box of popcorn flashes on the screen)
I have to say, you have a strange sense of fun! I would much prefer to experience the spectacular from a safe distance.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Imagine being that one guy on the International Space Station or such that just watches that and is left alive though. That would be such an awkward moment for me. No idea if i should just carry on or what after that.
Sure, that guy should definitely carry on. As long as he's there, humanity exists in this universe. And who knows? The alien ship that came to study the collision might rescue him, and then as the last human, he'd become a big celebrity on their planet. He'd write a book, hit the talk show circuit, and do cameos on their TV shows;)
I have to say, you have a strange sense of fun! I would much prefer to experience the spectacular from a safe distance.
Mars would be safe enough, maybe you should contact Elon Musk (although, he seems to be too busy going nuts, lately).

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00