End your life? Please read

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Victori@, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

So I’m just sitting here and reading everyone’s posts. So many people talk about suicide, suicide and more suicide. Some people will commit suicide, it’s inevitable. There are so many ways to die and suicide has to be the most painful. Confusing way to go. I am not big on religion. I have never read the bible or gone to church. But there is something else here, there is a place where everything is beautiful, and there is no pain. Everything happens for a reason. If something should happen, it will and if something shouldn’t happen, it won’t. Suicide is a HUGE decision. It’s not something that you can think about for a second, while you’re on the can. There are some people who kill themselves because their boyfriend or girlfriend broke up with them. They thought it was a good idea at the time. But now they are dead, spending the rest of eternity, in a room being sad and more alone than they have ever felt. There is so much war and hunger, there are people being raped, people being murdered. Imagine that. People are being mutilated by crazy people and beaten to death; meanwhile, suicide victims have the luxury of taking their time, planning everything out, being in the comfort of their own home.

Everyone needs to fight. Fight through whatever the hell is in our way. If somebody broke in your house and attacked you, would you just lay there and let it happen? Even If you were smaller than the perpetrator, and there was No way in hell you were going to win. You would fight! It’s called instinct. We as human beings are here to fight for survival. Just like wild animals. Suicide makes me angry! My boyfriend in high school took his own life 2 days after I broke up with him. I don’t talk about anything I have no idea about. His suicide made me want to fight so much harder than ever before. I’m not here to fight with anyone or make anybody mad. If I offended or upset anybody, I am truly sorry. My intentions a truly good and I hope somebody reads this and something sticks with them. Please don’t anybody take this personally! It’s just what I’m thinking and feeling at the moment!

If you are thinking of suicide, I beg you to call somebody, or write to me, or talk to a friend. There are 18 billion million people in the world, NOBODY is alone!
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I couldn't have said this better myself. You have to fight for your life. It's also nice to see another fellow Canadian on this board. Welcome to SF Victoria. :smile:
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Thank you for your insight Victoria. I am sorry to hear about your boyfriend from high school, but it helps you to speak from experience as one left behind. :hug:
  4. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

i may sound offensive at times but i do not mean to be but much of what you said makes little sense. Firstly your on a suicide forum....of course people will talk about suicide! also why is suicide the most painful, confusing way to go? suicude is not one set technique like seppuka causing a lot of pain. also pain is not something everyone is trying to avoid during suicide. to assert something else apart from life exists means nothing, why does that make life any more valuable? and yes there is a place that everything is beautiful, it is here on earth. its astounding how amazing life is, but that again does not make life any more valuable. Why would i want to live in a world of no pain? that would destroy everything that is valuable, pain is a survival instinct, then there is the old adage 'you cant know pleasure unless you've experienced pain.' Also to think that 'whats meant to happen will happen' means that you believe in predeterminism, which is ridiculous unless you think we are totally void of free will in which case your post is meaningless and to say suicide is a HUGE decision totally contradicts that. Suicide is not a HUGE decision, it is a decision as simple as a choice between a pint of lager or a pint of acid. People do have some funny reasons for suicide but that is their decision. How can you state that once people commit suicide they're sat in a room for eternity all alone? have you seen it?
    You honestly dont know much about many people who commit suicide, mental illnesses that taunt you, sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, people in our 'advanced civilization' still being starved, raped, mutilated, beaten, torture at home and in the community.... Do not think that we all live in luxury and have such a choice in a comfortable situation! As for fighting, we all have a breaking point! the options are fight or run, sometimes there is nowhere to run and the only way out of a situation is through death.
    you say you dont speak about what you dont know yet you've covered topics like the afterlife! also you have a very narrow perspective of people who commit suicide.
    again i dont mean to be offensive but your post was in many ways wrong.
    and yes you could have 100 trillion people on this earth but we are all still alone with our thoughts! that is the most lonesome feeling in the world.
  5. Victori@

Yes, I defiantly contradict my self many times. I am a Gemini after all!! I don’t know about you but, I would think that hanging a rope around your neck, or cutting your self, would hurt. A person who commits suicide does not do it to intentionally inflict pain on others. They really don’t think about that part. But I have had to live for the past 7 years with the anger, confusion, emotional pain and scars that were a direct result of suicide. I do apologize for my wording, grammar or spelling. I was never good at that kind of stuff in school. Having somebody that close to you take their own life is like a very bad acid trip that will never end. You obviously feel different than I do and that’s great! Opinions are like assholes, we all have one!

“You honestly don’t know much about many people who commit suicide, mental illnesses that taunt you, sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, people in our 'advanced civilization' still being starved, raped, mutilated, beaten, torture at home and in the community....”

You don’t know me and I don’t know you. You read something I posted and you formed an opinion of me. I’m not here to compare lives with other people; I’m not here to find out who has it worse. I’m here, because I have tried everything I know how do to make myself feel better.

My posts are not wrong. How I think and feel is not wrong. How could you say that to somebody! You may feel differently, but it doesn’t mean that I’m wrong. Somebody in my life killed themselves and I’m writing about how it made me feel.

Like I said, I am a Gemini; there are two sides to everything. I can never make up my mind and I never take a side. ‘I’m hanging in the middle and sometimes it drives me crazy. If you want answers, you have to ask the right questions. Please, I don’t want to start a fight with anybody, I don’t like when people get mad at me for feeling the way I feel. It sucks!
  6. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

There are just over 6 billion people in the world actually, not 18! Still a lot of people admittedly. :wink:
  7. Loc

Loc Active Member

Cite your evidence? Being kidnapped and tortured would be more painful mentally and physically than shooting yourself in the head I'm sure. Many suicides can be less painful than other deaths.

You die.Not that confusing
    To your credit.

They no longer exist. That's it. If you have proof to the contrary provide it.

Just now suicide was the most painful, make up your mind?

Fighting someone you couldn't win against wouldn't be survival, it would be, ironically, suicide. You seem to forget the flight part of 'fight or flight.' Most people are not heroes.They would run.
    I'm sure I seem rather aggresive, I'm just a little tired of the 'everything happens for a reason etc.'

Earlier you said everything happens that is supposed to. One can only assume then people who do it are supposed to kill themselves.
  8. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

sorry to come across argumentative, i also dont want to compare lives but your post appeared to say others have it worse so we should think ourselves lucky, but that is not always the case. I did not mean to say how you think is wrong but that to make assertions as if they were fact about an afterlife seems ridiculous. i do understand suicide can be painful but there are methods which do not cause much pain. i have not formed an opinion of you, but of what you said, to form an opinion of you as a person by now would only be making a premature decision. i can relate in some ways to you, but in some ways my opinion of things are different and my whole aim of my posts is to debate, i believe the only way to be free is to constantly debate, to constantly criticise my own beliefs and to encourage it in others, is the only way to avoid being stuck by stagnated beliefs that have no true sense to them. it is stagnated beliefs that seem to cause so much aggravation in this world. again i will say i am sorry for the way i come across, i dont mean to seem nasty, im just a very typical taurian. i am a nice person really :tongue:
  9. Loc

Loc Active Member

How does the position of flaming balls of gas in deep space affect your speech and language?

One would suppose getting a tattoo or piercing hurts. Alot of stuff hurts. So?

You're right.
    Again,you're right and I'm sorry.
  10. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

How does the position of flaming balls of gas in deep space affect your speech and language?

now funnily enough the studies that have been done into star signs and apparent traits in humans have so far shown a favourable position for the 'traits' that each sign is supposed to have. i do agree star signs are a gross generalisation but the figures show that the triats are more than just chance alone.
  11. Loc

Loc Active Member

Cite sources?
  12. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

your sat in front of the computer, use the old google machine, search for and look into the studies for yourself.
    the studies i read were done by durham university (i think! im going from memory)
  13. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

This is getting off the point, and argumentative.
  14. Loc

Loc Active Member

The next time you want to make claims, you might want to remember the burden of proof is on you.
  15. Victori@

this is just really sad.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

You're right.

That was a nice thing to say. Thought I'd just point that out. :smile:
  17. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I guess it never occurred to you that he may have done the right thing by killing himself. Sure, I don't know how deep your relationship was, but if nothing else, he may have valued your relationship like nothing else. Boyfriends/girlfriends committing suicide, after break-ups, should make people consider the consequences of such actions and should teach people to care more about the feelings of others.
  18. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Here's something maybe you didn't think of. Most people who are depressed over a long period of time do fight it. You might fight that perpetrator but what would you do if that person broke into your house every night and you always fought but you always lost? Do you think you might get tired of fighting pointlessly after a while when you know it's going to happen all over again tomorrow and you will always lose?

Actually, there are only 6 billion. :tongue:

Look. It's great that you feel compassion for people and you feel like you need to do something to help but believe me, you're not the first person in the world who has ever thought that you could cure someone's depression and magically make everything OK with trite "feel good" motivational speeches. If it were that easy, none of us would be here.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
  19. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

Victori, while I feel your message is overall positive and you're only trying to help, I believe you should make sure what you say is coherent and non-contradictory before posting it, otherwise it just creates more confusion.

You jump from one subject to another sentence to sentence, make contradicting claims, etc...
  20. Victori@

I’m sorry so many people are confused by my thoughts and emotions. I’m not sorry for contradicting myself. That’s how I have been all my life. I just can’t help it. I see things one way and then I see them another way! If you think you are confused, try being me!! I fight with myself everyday trying to make up my damn mind! There are some issues in life that I feel very strongly about. There others that I’m just torn between.

I think I jump from subject to subject because there is just so much stuff going on in my life right now that I just don’t know where to begin. Please believe me when I say, I am not god. I cannot cure everyone and I cannot help everyone. Nor do I want to. I don’t feel compassion for people who have taken their lives, but there is a huge place in my heart for the people that are left behind, having to deal with the loss of a loved one.

As for my boyfriend doing the right thing, (ending his life) I think I was the right thing for him. Unfortunately it sucks for everybody else that cared about him. It is a very hard thing to go through and I am still trying to come to terms with it.

I wasn’t just writing this message to motivate others, but for myself also. I really really don’t want to give up. I am extremely terrified that I will one day. I do know that people give up; people will eventually kill themselves after a certain amount of pain. I just really don’t want to be one of them.

Next time, if there is a next time I will try to make sure not to confuse anybody. I will write and post an essay. Instead of trying to figure out what the hell I’m trying to say, just try and understand. I am only here for support and to try and keep myself going, Not to be penalized for the way I write or express myself
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.