Ending my life feels like the only option now

JCC988

Meds aren't doing the trick and I can't afford therapy.
At least if I die I'd finally be free of hopelessness, addiction, and pain.

KindaOtiose

Hi @JCC988. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment.

How long have you been on your current medication? Sometimes medication might need adjusting or changing a little bit so they can work for you. Maybe consider contacting your doctor about this, and telling them your progress on the medication. I wonder, have you ever considered therapy some cheaper therapy options? They might be able to help you.

Suicide is never the right option and never the only option. You can get better and be free from the things you mentioned, without having to resort to suicide.

Hang in there. Sending hugs *brohug.

Last edited:

JCC988

Hi @JCC988. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment.

How long have you been on your current medication? Sometimes medication might need adjusting or changing a little bit so they can work for you. Maybe consider contacting your doctor about this, and telling them your progress on the medication. I wonder, have you ever considered therapy as well? This might be able to help you.

Suicide is never the right option and never the only option. You can get better and be free from the things you mentioned, without having to resort to suicide.

Hang in there. Sending hugs *brohug.
I can't afford therapy as I CLEARLY said in my post. Didn't you read it in full? My current doctor (nurse practitioner to be exact) would only respond in anger if I told them the truth about how my meds aren't helping and placing a financial burden on me.

GMody

You need to see a psychiatrist and he/she can prescribe meds that work. You may also tell him/her that your current meds not working. Do make notes before meeting with psych. Once you get the right meds you won't feel suicidal. Can't you get financial help so that you can go for therapy?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm sorry that you are feeling so bad right now. if the meds are not working you need to tell the doctor or nurse practitioner. usually doctors get upset when a patient isn't fully upfront with them. sometimes meds are great and other times they are useless. work with your doctor to get the right med at the right dosage.

and i read your post but agree with @KindaOtiose that therapy may help. try to see if you qualify for free or reduced price therapy. depending on your age there may be something out there for you.

if you have any family or friends that can talk to you that would help you as well. and you can talk to us anytime you need someone to talk to we do care about you and we will listen to you...mike...*console*sadhug*shake

Sorry that you're going through this

The link in my signature may have some information that could help. Here's a copy of the link in case you're on a phone

Treating Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Pain; Other Suicide Help

I can't afford therapy
Group therapy is often an affordable alternative to individual therapy. If you are in the US or Canada, you might want to try calling 211. There's sometimes free or reduced cost therapy available.

There's evidence that learning about CBT on your own can help. A member here has recommended The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. David Burns.

KindaOtiose

I can't afford therapy as I CLEARLY said in my post. Didn't you read it in full? My current doctor (nurse practitioner to be exact) would only respond in anger if I told them the truth about how my meds aren't helping and placing a financial burden on me.
Damn. I'm sorry JCC. I was super tired when I wrote that message. I meant to write "some cheaper therapy options" rather than "therapy". As @1964dodge says, there are options like group therapy or therapy options provided by charities. These could be worth looking into.

Why do you think that your doctor would respond in anger? It's not appropriate for them to respond like that. Is it possible for you to see a different professional?

I hope you are doing a bit better today, and sorry for my typo.

Anonymous ID

You could always share your story with us. The people on here have been through a lot and can perhaps offer some advice and support. Keep fighting! We care about you

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I have been dropping up and down into depression for my entire adult life, and the first time was by far the worst because I had no coping mechanisms in place to help me, or self-tests to check for depression, and that first time I came quite close to killing myself, it is only the fact that I believe in Hell that saved me really, (no point in suicide if you're going to somewhere worse when you do) though I was still tempted to risk it. I say this to explain that I wasn't just "slightly miserable" or anything, and during this time I came up with a few realisations about life, and here are two:

1) If suicide is on the table as an option, you are free from consequence, this is not to say you should go nuts, but rather, you can try anything to escape your situation, all those things you thought you couldn't do, run away and start again, quit your job, confront that person who abused you in the past, tell people around you about your problems, anything, these are now options, because suicide is the great "undo" button.

2) If you plan to kill yourself anyway, you should try every other option first. Suicide is a last move, literally, so it should be your last move, it should come after all other options, and as stated above, everything is an option now, no money for therapy? ask family for help on that front, or hell, get committed, in pain? try wild every strange or new-age crap thats claims to kill that pain, if nothing else it will be a distraction.

Suicide is a way out sure, but just having it as an option gives you so many ways to stay in that ultimately, you may not need it in the end. Im not sure if this helps you, but just knowing this helped me a bit.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00