Ending this year

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GA_lost, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

As I end this past year, I begin to wonder whether this next year will improve things or not. I feel like I am a hamster running on a wheel going nowhere fast. I am still spending most of my time home alone with no desire to do much more. I know I need to get out doing things, and I need to begin to foster my interests. I am scared to death of socializing and too depressed to have much interest in anything. So I am back to my original question will things change this next year. Is it really worthwhile to keep on trying to keep myself alive hoping things will change?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HI last year very hard lots of losses and pain. I think for New Year even if you do one thing for you then yes change is possible. Just go for a coffee get out once a week and say hi to someone. Change is hard work but it is possible with small steps it is. I hope the New Year brings you new possibilities and change take care.
  3. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Change comes so slowly and sometimes gets worse b4 getting better...

I am so tired of trying at times too - but something inside won't let me give up, and then things improve, if only a little.

Please hang on and realize that sometimes it is the darkest before dawn hits... It may be an old and tired phrase, even so there is truth to it.

Take Care of yourself - May the coming year improve for you, as you strive to reach your dreams.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  4. Princess-x

Princess-x New Member

A new year means a new start, try not to feel so negative towards it. You fear that this year will be as bad as the last but you can prevent this from happening if your willing to try.

I think the best place to start is to find a hobby that you feel interested in, whether this means joining a club, learning a language, I don't know but anything that's going to take your mind off the negative things. By doing this you will meet new people along the way that are interested in the same thing as yourself and you won't find it as hard to strike up a conversation with people and socialize.

Best wishes x

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

ANSWER TO YOUR LAST QUESTION: Y E S! :hug: see you around!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.