Endless sleep

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by bhr, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhr

bhr Well-Known Member

Better than the pain. Much better.
    I'm lost.
  2. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

i feel so empty so hollow just want to sleep forever i kno how u feel. dont want to live with this failure and constant shame this abomination of an existance. its not a real life. some people get to have real lives. i dont.
  3. DrowningInTears

Its so sad to see you in such despair. The despair that I feel. I wish i could offer hope, but cant even do that for myself.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

5. bhr

bhr Well-Known Member

:( :cry2:
  6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Come on guys. Turn those frowns upside down. :smile: There's so much to do and enjoy in life. You only get one chance at life, so you have to make the most of it. I know you guys are suffering but it can get better if you try hard enough. :hug:
  7. DrowningInTears

too much trying tired and worn out from trying to make it in this world.
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey bhr,
    What kind of pain are we talking about? Physical or mental? Do you have a therapist? If you do then you need to open up with her/him. Between therapy, meds, and discussing your feelings with your doctor.
    You really need to explore all possibilities of having a fairley good life. I don't know for how long. Only you can decide that. I wish I could tell you how to handle the pain, but I haven't figured that out for myself. I just take it one day at a time. I set short term goals to accomplish..
    I have ventured out of the house a little at a time. A year ago you couldn't get me to come out of my room. So you see it isn't all negative.. I only venture out to go to visits(therapy,doctor, grocery store). I have built up my self to be able to handle that.
    My daughter and grandaughter have moved in with us and now I have added a couple new spots like school and work. She lost her license so I have to take them around. If after 15 years of total isolation I think I am doing alright. I still have white outs, where I drive somewhere like home and don't remember driving there, I just find my self sitting in the driveway...Sorry I got long winded, I just wanted to show you therapy works...Take Care...
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It may seem like the only way to get relief, but it isn't. It takes a lot of hard work, grit, and determination to turn things around, but it has been done. Start with small steps. They begin to add up over time. Is there anything you can tell us about that has you feeling so despondent?
  10. almosteasy

almosteasy Well-Known Member

Well let me assume for a moment that god doesn’t exist and that some of us living in this state of absolute despair is not gods hand dealt to them.

Let’s call it luck or the randomness of the universe. Because of this "luck" some people are born with physical handicaps. Some are born with mental handicaps. Some people are born into riches. Others are born into total poverty.

Whether we talk about good situations or bad, statistics have proven time after time that an individual has very little chance of changing their overall circumstance. For example, most people born into a certain class (upper, middle, lower) will be stuck in that class.

You have to work very hard to go up in class. And even out of those that work hard, very few make it. And the vice versa is also true. You have to be really stupid or unlucky to go from upper class to any of the lower classes.

Because of this "luck" most people in this world live in a mental state where they are "okay" or "happy" (im not talking about physical state because most people are poor in the world). There are just a few unlucky souls like us stuck in this state of misery. And no matter how much you do most likely you will be stuck in this state of despair for the rest of your life.

Sorry about being so negative. I’m just in a very low mood and felt like spiting out the truth very bluntly. I’m not trying to discourage anyone from getting better. Because the majority of the people in the forum will get better. That fact has also been proven by science. Studies have shown that the majority of the people who are severely depressed and/or suicidal start to get better after two years and eventually can lead a normal life.

But the truly damned, those who have made up their minds because their situation is unchangeable or gets progressively worse will be doomed. I sure as hell wish I wasn’t one of them.
  11. DrowningInTears

all the things that i dont hav
  12. bhr

bhr Well-Known Member

13. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

You do have to fight to turn things around. Sometimes it all seems too much, but you gotta keep telling yourself its worth it.
  14. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Hey, both of you. Many of us feel worthless, useless, ashamed of ourselves, and hopeless when we're down. Corrina is right about taking small steps. Even though recovery seems impossible right now, it's all a facade. So, as for your first steps.. maybe you could try to allow yourselves to see that not everything is brutal. By this, I'm not proclaiming that you attempt to suddenly wake up and see light in your life and rejoice. I'm simply suggesting that you give yourself the chance to be open minded again. Try to remember the pleasures that you have found in life without regretting your past. Then, when you get caught up in a spiral of negative thoughts, make an effort to recognize that they are not truths. Once you get to that point, maybe you can begin to seek and accept support from people you know. After that, setting small daily goals may help to boost your self esteem. What seems like the end is a trigger for the start of a recovery process.
  15. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey hun, you were at this place in your life before and you fought your way out and up on your feet. You can do it again. I'm there for you and so are many other members. Come on kiddo, dont give up yet, you havent even started to try and fight. Post and let us know what's up.
  16. bhr

bhr Well-Known Member

Why bother. I'm exhausted. I have nothing left. :( :cry2:
  17. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Wrong! You have me hun. Please let me try and help. What have you got to lose?
  18. bhr

bhr Well-Known Member

So much pain. Nothing but pain. :cry2::cry2::cry2:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.