Energy drink addiction (with poll)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hurted, May 22, 2011.

?

How many energy drinks do you drink?

1. I Don't drink them

27 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Few per month

15 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. Few per week

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. 1-2 daily

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. 3-4 daily

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  6. 5 or more per day

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I've been addicted for 1 year now. Until 2 months ago i drunk 1 or 2 cans per day. In last 2 months, i drink 4-5 daily. I need energy for studying (as this is the only thing that makes sense in my life at the moment). Beside that, i become less depressed as soon as i empty the can. Does anyone have a simmilar problem?

2. Louis03

Louis03 Well-Known Member

I drink a lot of them. :) For many years now actually. Oo Not addicted though.

3. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

I used to drink quite a few per day. Either NOS or Amp drinks, especially when I was in college and had to get up early. Now I just drink a lot of coffee....the energy drinks got too expensive for me.

It's the caffeine I'm addicted to. If I go without it for a few days I tend to get pretty depressed, and very tired and lethargic. When I was studying I almost always had a caffeinated beverage with me though.

4. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Yep addicted to caffiene

Do the Dew, lol.

5. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

i'm addicted to caffeine :O

6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I'm really addicted to caffeine as well :biggrin:
    I drink about 2 a week maybe... I'm more of a coffee person tho. And coffee is cheaper haha.

7. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

I basically never drink caffeine guess im weird :unsure:

occasionally i do, but only if i have to get up early or stay up late or something...im not a big coffee fan thou, i think it tastes gross :yuk: when it comes to energy drinks, i like the rockstar juiced ones that taste like juice haha

8. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:cry: no likes the coffee?? Whats wrong with you?? Kidding! :heart: You just have to add sugars :spaz: Lotsa sugars

9. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

haha on the rare occasion i drink coffee its usually with extra cream extra sugar...to the point where it doesnt necessarily look like coffee haha

10. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Lol. You should just make a cup of cream and sugar then :p

11. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

i drink boost ...usualy on a morning to keep me awake... it doesnt im still shattered by lunchtime so im gonna give it up! i dont even like the taste of it ..just the idea that something will give me a kick to get going which it never does so i dont know why i bother ! i gave it up once for 6 months to see if it was causeing my insomnia but it wasnt XD

12. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Coffee and tea (caffeinated), certainly. Energy drinks, no. Don't like the sugar. Normal daily coffee intake can be measured in pots.

13. Dude111

Dude111 Well-Known Member

Treid one 1 time,tasted like garbage.. Havent had any since!

14. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I haven't had an energy drink in a long time, but i use to drink 4 cans a day, i blame the shop that sold them, 4 for a pound how could you possibly resist that bargain :biggrin:

These days my only caffeine intake is through 2 or 3 cups of tea day.

Anyone tried those energy shots? they don't taste very nice but i felt very weird after having one.

15. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I haven't drank energy drinks in a long, long time. In high school, though, I felt as if I had to have them to get through the day. I would drink 2-3 a day. Now, I'm more addicted to soda and coffee.

16. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Oh, energy drinks are my heaven.

A can of Monster/ Relentless/ No Fear at a quid each, I'll get as many as I can daily. I normally have like a few quid, so I'll get like 2 cans, but if I have more money, I get as much as I can afford.

Once bought 12 cans :3

17. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

I used to drink a can or bottle of NOS each day (a can had 260 mg of caffeine whilst the bottle had 340 mg of caffeine). I also loved the amp drinks too.

Now I just drink coffee. Usually 3 to 4 cups a day. When I go without it for a few days I get bad headaches which can't be good hehe.

18. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

My energy drink used to be 0.25 of a gram of amphetamine in a pint of beer.

I guess it would be futile trying to recreate that high energy buzz with Red Bull and other caffeine laden products.

I do like coffee though - like the mild buzz it brings.

19. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

my energy drink of choice is relentless.

i love it- i can buy it from my local store as part of their meal deal- £3 for a drink, a bag of crisps and a sandwich- not too bad

20. japanlover

japanlover Well-Known Member

wow addicted to energy drinks, never herd of this nor do I understand it. I use to drink 3 a night when i drived to stay awake, but the humming of a diseal put me to sleep real quick, whammy right in a car.

When I was younger, since I am born of a pot head, i don't have energy like most people. When my friends could stay up 24+ hrs without any assistance or struggle, i drank 1 can of dew an hour after the 16th hour passed. It would work until i skipped an hour then, whammy pass out time.

I was never addicted, i didn't have an 'urge' just used it to keep up with normal people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.