Energy drinks

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Do you drink them often? I do... i spent huge amounts of money on them... It just really help when you are tired...
    What bout you?
  2. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

my boyfriend does, but i have a massive allergy to caffiene, so i have to avoid them
  3. Crim

Crim Member

We (me and my g/f) drink alot of them, i would not dare to do the maths and say how much we drink a day, that would just be too scary :p.
  4. Mathale

Mathale Well-Known Member

yeah i drink them now n again. It helps that kick start, but i find theyre not worth it if youre covering up lack of sleep as the come down is horrible!! :D

but when your fatigued, they work wonders. a can of red bull does give you wings :p

but theyre not for everyone!
  5. alison

alison Well-Known Member

i consume so many cans of energy drinks lol... it sucks that they're so expensive. but there's no way i can go on as little sleep as i do without them.

rockstar is my favorite, but mostly because of the name :laugh:
  6. alison

alison Well-Known Member

i consume so many cans of energy drinks lol... it sucks that they're so expensive. but there's no way i can go on as little sleep as i do without them.

rockstar is my favorite, but mostly because of the name :laugh:
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i drink about 3 energy drinks everyday, they give me an energy boost for a couple of hours but then exhaust me lol
  8. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

i enjoy drinking them when i give effort to feel free but, the falling effect from it sucks
  9. danni

danni Chat Buddy

:laugh: I drink them everyday to wake me up at work or if i'm just tired and dont want to sleep I'll drink one. :laugh: I dont like to sleep that much that why i'm always hyper :laugh: I would say i drink about 3-4 a day.
  10. Read the label...if it contains lots of sugar and/or guarana (a far more potent/concentrated form of caffeine than even coffee) - if these are some of the first few ingredients listed, then that is what the highest content of the beverage is (besides water).

And yes, do expect a sharp, dramatic, and disappointing "crash" once the effect wears off... Is the latter worth the former?
  11. blackening

blackening Well-Known Member

i drink a lot of energy drinks too, mainly Relentless and Rockstar, some days i'll have about 6/7 of them... i always feel like im on a comedown anyway, but the stimulants make me feel better, i drink a lot of coffee as well sometimes.. only negative effect i've ever had from caffeine, (at least i think it was the caffeine, could also have been affected by lack of sleep, drugs, alcohol) was before i started drinking energy drinks when i had a real bad anxiety/panic attack.

i dont think energy drinks are that bad, imo the sugar is the most harmful thing in them
  12. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I can't drink any thing like that otherwise I end up hooked up to an ECG machine in hospital. I can just imagine drinking those things when I'm 'allovertheplace' I don't want to imagine how I'd be like then...:laugh:
  13. bb564

bb564 Guest

I drink far too many. I find them strange, because I'm bi polar, when I'm on an up, the energy drinks make me feel confident and happy, but on a bad day they make me nervous and paranoid.
  14. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Depends how much vodka they've got in them...but without alcohol - not really. Tesco's version of Red Bull (Kick) is quite good. I love Gatorade, but I can't find it in the England...
  15. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Omb yes... I drink around 5-6 a day... which I need to stop... It cannot be good for the baby, it is going to be addicted to caffine...

16. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I used to drink about 6 a day. But when I started therapy I got told off about it a lot :dunno: So I kinda lessened it. Now it's like every once in a blue moon I buy a tray (24 cans) and with about 2 or 3 people we empty that within 2 or 3 days :dunno:
  17. sophie5121

sophie5121 Well-Known Member

yeah i love them, well i don't drink that much in the week but on a friday and saturday when im out i drink so many, i love red bull and boost.
    Tonight i drunk about 10 cans of red bull and i feel really sick :sad:
    There annoying though they keep me up all night :mad:
  18. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

yuck i never liked energy drinks
  19. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Yeah but I don't really do it because I'd fall asleep without them. I like the way they make me feel. I'm a caffeine junky. There's this one I really like by Arizona. It's like carbonated green tea or something. Really tasty.
  20. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

I just don't like the taste. I never really liked sweet drinks. Shame, I don't like tea or coffee either. Then again, I really don't need anything else to keep me up at night... :laugh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.