Engagement

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Breathe, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

Recently been through some troubles with my boyfriend, through sorting them out its come up. He says when he gets back from his two week trip he is taking to me where we have our first kiss, in our first date and where we admitted our feelings for each other. (in front of a statue in a small park)
    I will give the facts of the situation.
    Long distance relationship, bout 2 hours train journey between us. Already Stay nights and sometimes weeks around each others. Familys have accepted each other. Been dating 18 months. I am 18 he is 20. Lost my virginity to him tbh. We are both madly in love and have talked about our future alot already. We know we will get married one day, we have passed the infactuation stage i know this is real love, we have endured more hardships then the average relationship ever have so we have built a strong bond. He is moving to my city in a few months anyway and we are moving in together.
    We are in a mature relationship. Whats your thoughts about the engagement?

2. Hanpan

Hanpan Member

You're still pretty young and 18 months really isn't that long to be dating someone. I feel that there's nothing wrong with getting engaged at a young age. That's just showing commitment. But please don't rush into actually getting married for at least a few more years. Give yourselves time to mature independently and as a couple and you need to get used to living together. No matter how much you think you know someone, it's very different from living with them. Takes some getting used to =P

My advice would be to just enjoy life together. Enjoy finally being together and not having to do the long distance dating anymore. I wish you the best of luck with everything and I hope you guys have a happily ever after :biggrin:

3. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

Indeed marriage is not on the table at the moment we both have a education to get through. We are thinking our life through logically :) i think engagement will show how much we are committed to each other, and show our love to others (we have had many who have tried to split us up but previaled ^^) Thankyou for your view ^^

4. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

Whether your relationship is truely very strong, I wouldn't see a benefit for getting engaged. If yall truly like each others company, then just enjoy and don't try and put marraige as a necessity. Look at Gene Simons, he has a happy relationship without marraige. Whether yall decide to stay faithful to each other is also another point. I'd just try not to make marraige a requirement to stay together.

5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Personally i think you are too young to get married, but who i am to say what to do with your life?

Do what you feel is right for the both of you and if that is getting married, then so be it!

All the best.