enoughs enough

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by takencontrol, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

back on the drink and desperately need help but i dont have anywhere to turn. please someone help.

2. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Hi Brownie, sorry I've not been around for a couple of days, been in a bit of a dip.
    Anyhow! Have you got an appointment with your doctor yet? You really need to do that and get some kind of mild sedative to get you through this.
    How are things at home?
    xxx

3. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

hey brownie i dont know how or if i can help but ill try whats wrong?

4. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Hey brownie hun,

you're currently unstable. What provoked you?

5. takencontrol

hi everyone, yeah im very unstable at the moment and not quite sure which way this is going to go. im drinking again and that in itself brings loads of problems as well as bad memories of when i was out of control drinking. home is ok its just me... why is it always my mood that dictates everything i do or dont do.

6. hollowvoice

i guess our thoughts are the loudest voice in our heads so we let it dictate.
    do you think you can stop drinking on your own or with help the biggest problem with drinking is the things we do when were drunk i know its been over 6 months for me sober
    but can you force your self to stay on here while you drink instead of doing something?
    how can i help i want to ok

7. takencontrol

ive not had a lot to drink. im supposed to be staying sober done the detox in july and had counselling but still having slip ups when my mood is really low. i just need to try hold on till thursday but im not sure i can

8. hollowvoice

hmm slip ups are hard to control do you have anyone to help you get through your moods without drinking because it was me posting on a forum as i was getting drunk and worse that i found a fantastic friend who forgave me for the things i wrote and made me stop drinking nothing else!
    have you tried something else but drinking it may sound silly but how about soft drinks or at the slightest water the drinks down so you get a taste but not as much
    whats happening thursday?

9. takencontrol

yeah slip up are a sure way back down that slippery road to oblivion, i finally got my key worker back on thursday so just trying to hang on and find the courage to tell her how much ive crashed since i last saw her, thats not easy. admitting you need help or have screwed up....or both.

10. hollowvoice

as long as you tell her everything that has happened
    theres nothing wrong with needing help as you say its the admitting it and you are! so well done you!
    but just think of the relief youll get on thursday saying things out loud itll be like a cloud has been lifted

11. takencontrol

yeah your right andi and if im to stand any chance of getting through this i HAVE to do it.

12. hollowvoice

yes you do for your kids for your husband but mostly for you
    you can do this brownie and if it helps keep venting on here to get you to thursday please

13. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Just keep trying Brownie, you can do it. Plus don't beat yourself up about slipping up now and again. It's the nature of the illness that we slip up every so often.
    Alcohol is a hard drug to beat and if you've managed detox once then you'll beat it again. You do need to be totally honest with your key worker and you also need to start writing down you 'stressors' (if you haven't done that already). Do you keep a journal? I find that really helps. Sometimes all I can do is put a 'sad face' in it but I try to do something every day. Hang in there, and try to get to the doctors. You'll get some help and won't have to wait so long.

14. takencontrol

my problem is i never gave alcohol the respect it deserves. every time i think ive beat it it gets me again.

15. hollowvoice

youve just got to get to the point where you remember how ill it makes you.the getting up the next day and wondering what happened?.the not knowing what you said or done to upset everybody

16. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Every day is a new day Brownie, don't be worrying about the past and equally don't be worrying about things that haven't happened yet.
    I'm really lucky in that I recognised alcohol as a depressant when I was a teenager so I stopped drinking it and I've never had a problem with it. I do sometimes resent the fact that I can't drink alcohol but it's the choice between being well and being sick and I try to stay well. It's hard enough for my family to put up with my depression, I'm not going to take a depressant and make things worse. I know that that is something that is easier said than done though.
    I really admire you for surviving detox and the more you conquer the problem, the stronger you'll be. Don't give up trying. x

17. takencontrol

i am ready to give up :(

18. hollowvoice

please dont give up on life hon give up the alcohol
    thats whats making you feel like giving up get up and pour any alcohol down the drain
    say to yourself i dont need you anymore please beat this its a poxy drink dragging you down further than you can cope with

19. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

You can't give up love, you've come to far to give up now. You're a survivor, do what's necessary to survive. Breathe deep and take it an hour at a time. xxxx

20. takencontrol

i dont feel i can im going out for a drive to try clear my head see if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.