Entertainment forum should replace the Reviews forum - Agree or disagree?

Entertainment forum should replace the Reviews forum - Agree or disagree?

• There should be an Entertainment forum with sub-forums

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • There should be an Entertainment forum with sub-forums, but no sub-forum should be for videogaming

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • There should NOT be an Entertainment forum with sub-forums; the current Reviews forum is enough

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (post what you'd want)

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
I've requested a videogaming forum, before (that'd include PC gaming and games for Macs, since they, after all, also are videogames), but the staff has found it to be out of place. My reasoning is that many depressed people use videogames as an escape, helping them to cope, and, as such, a videogaming section for this forum would be very appropriate. My suggestion would be to make one main forum called Entertainment with sub-forums such as "Videogaming," "Movies," "Books" and "Music." All other entertainment, that would not fit in these categories, would be posted in the main forum, "Entertainment."

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
Oh, yes! A section called "Manga/animé" should be included, as well! Or just "Manga," perhaps, since manga is the original term for both books/magazines (always known as manga) and movies ("animé" - a French term, originally). Maybe it should be called "Otaku," instead? Anyway, you can't separate manga and manga movies, in a "Books" section and "Movies" section, respectively; the two are too closely linked; they'd have to be in the same sub-forum...

The "Books" section should, perhaps, be called "Books & Magazines," by the way.

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
Oh, right, another thing... the staff meant that there are plenty of videogaming forums on the Internet, and that one can join one of those, as well as that it is undesireable to provide such a forum, on the site, since it would attract trolls from videogaming forums. My view is that, first of all, since there are so many videogaming forums, people who would have a tendency to commit to trolling would, most likely, not come here because there is a sub-forum for videogames; what attracts them here is the main purpose of this forum; the suicide/depression part. Secondly, those who are depressed or suicidal do not, in my view, have a videogaming forum at all, since bad people, such as people who commit to trolling, but many other bad people, are far more common in other types of forums, such as, for instance, videogaming forums. The existence of a videogaming forum, aside from the other sub-forums mentioned, in an appropriate environment would prevent those that are interested in such, but also depressed or suicidal, from being triggered by bad people.

There should, by the way, be a sub-forum for the Internet, as well... interesting links and such could be posted, there.

Last edited by a moderator:
While this hasn't been brought up with the rest of the staff, I can answer for the rest of them, from past experience:
1) We haven't made the forum bigger in the past, as Robin (Senior Admin, founder of SF), felt that it was big enough as it is.
2) There are other forums on the internet for gaming, anime etc, and it would distract from the main aim of the site - to support people, not to create a gaming (or similar) gossip area.
We've turned down other new forum / section ideas for the reasons above beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00