Ephel Dúath

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by FoundAndLost1, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. “ Far above the Ephel Dúath in the West the night-sky was still dim and pale. There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
    The Return of The King (J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Lord of The Rings” – George Allen and Unwin Ltd. 1974)

How much longer can I hang on
    This dark veil has surrounded me too long
    I’ve forgotten my mission, my name,
    my purpose
    I am in chains
    Each fell event was
    fashioned by curse
    that holds me
    in its knotted web
    I am left for dead,
    full of dread
    For each next moment
    I lament and cry;
    Why should I die
    for all that once was whole
    I, used up, I gave away
    my soul,
    for meaning that’s eluded me
    Blurred vision, I no longer see
    the reason for my suffering
    And naught to learn
    but poisoned
    by a fate I did not earn
    Lost and wasted,
    Does that pure light
    still shine
    in the bleakest dark
    I no longer feel my heart
    All I now know is
    this endless bleeding…

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh that I could "transport" you to my place! Misery loves company and we could be great company to each other. Not to mention, my critters would surely brighten your mood - they always do mine.:smile: I would feed you chicken soup* (not homemade, as I do not cook!), and draw you a lovely hot bubble bath. Then, when you had relaxed somewhat, you could play with and pet the dog, the bunny, the rats... all of whom love you JUST BECAUSE - and don't need any other reason to love you.:smile:

THis latest creation is beautiful beyond description, but, like your recent works, unbearably sad - more so cause I can't PHYSICALLY do anything to help you out of the pit of despair. I can only ask you, strongly, to HANG ON, even to a thread, and love yourself just a little - you ARE worth your own love. You certainly have mine!:smile:

*or vegetable soup, if you are vegetarian
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.