Epilepsy is bringing my grades down

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by undercoverlover, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

I constantly miss school because I keep having seizures. I wish I could just end it all, and then I could stop dealing with seizures, and low grades, and makeup work, and all the stuff that accompanies it. I used to get straight A's...I always got honor roll. But not anymore. I can't stand it. Medication isn't helping. I don't see my doctor often enough, but he lives so far away that it's hard. The only reason I see him so far away is because he's the closest intelligent neurologist (not joking) in my area. The rest say there's nothing wrong with me. He actually knows what I'm going through, and treats me as well as he can.
    I just can't stand it anymore. Epilepsy is ruining my school life, and I feel like I can't get it back.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Have you tried the new apparatus that helps decrease the seizures hun
    It interrupts the nerve connections somehow and actually decreases seizure acitivities people with turrets symptoms use it as wel with effect like a monitor that you can turn off and on ask your doctor neurologist abt it okay
  3. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

Sending hugs and friendship ((UCL))... I'm so sorry you're suffering. It's not fair and you don't deserve it. Please know that you are in good company here in SF, and please count me among the many friends here who truly care about you and want you to be happy.

Regarding the effect your epilepsy has had on your student life: My partner is a teacher/facilitator, and it's her job to work with students with special needs (and their teachers) to ensure that they have what they need to be successful. If you go to a public school in the USA, you have a legal right to these services if a doctor will attest to your disorder. If you don't have a facilitator, or you are not in the states and are unsure of how that works in your country, I would strongly urge you to work with your parents (if they are supportive) and school administrators or guidance councellors to get the accommodations you require. There is absolutely no shame whatsoever in taking advantage of these services. Every single person living and breathing today has their own challenges to overcome, and I believe you can find a way to live with yours.

Hang in there, Sweetie. Keep posting and participating and feel free to message me anytime! I'm not always on, but I promise to respond as soon as I get your message. :console:
  4. b-rock

b-rock Well-Known Member

It must be tough going through this phase. I'm sure things can turn around. Have you looked into alternative medicines like acupuncture or something? That might help possibly. Also, I'm sure someone that can get straight A's can bounce back form a couple low grades and besides school isn't everything. Just try to push through this. I'm sure your old self is there. If you need someone to talk to hit me up. Keep strong and study hard.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.